Tuesday 1 November 2011

Everlast - pull ups, pull up bar


Firstly, I must reiterate that you NEED to screw in the mounting-cups for this bar to hold you. Those that complain that this bar is not sturdy have most likely not installed the unit properly.



Once properly installed, this is a good, solid chin-up bar.



My biggest source of disappointment is the foam grip. It is only on one side of the bar. The manual says that the user should simply push the foam grip over to the center. Well, it is practically impossible. I have tried several times, I don't see how one can do it. I managed to tear the foam grip in my efforts.



The bar still does its job perfectly, even without the foam grip.



Bottom line - if you want a solid and affordable bar, get this. If you care about the foam grip - shop around for a different product. Everlast Chin-Up and Sit-Up Bar

Looks good, installs fine, but darn near impossible to tension the bar sufficient to keep it from rotating when used. Bought this for my budding gymnast daughter, but it's such a pain to put up and tighten that we're just not using it. YMMV

I got what I ordered. BUT, and it's a huge BUT...

I tightened it as far as it would go before it would bust my door jams. Yet the bar still spins around. Making it a hell of a lot harder to do chin ups. I've never had a chin up bar that spun while you use it. I'm disappointed, had I known it would have done this after installing. I would have purchased a bar actually worth using. I'd gighly suggest you stick to a metal chin up bar. This bar is pretty much only good for sit ups, and that's it.

Ok for starters, I'd advise not to pay attention to anyone saying this bar is dangerous. It is perfectly fine. This bar extends AT LEAST 6-12 more inches from its initial position. There is no danger that I see of it coming loose or falling off or anything like that unless you just don't have it extended far enough out to fit tight enough within the door frame. I ordered this bar yesterday and it got here about an hour ago today. Awesome delivery timing. Next up, this is perfect for anyone who is on a tight budget and needs a good workout. In fact, right now, I don't even have it in the brackets that come with it, and it's simply extended very snug within the door frame and supports my 150 lb weight. I imagine with the brackets it should be just fine. It is, so far, perfect for my needs and budget. So....there you go. In my opinion, If you want a decent bar, go get this one. =)

This bar is great for my 12 year old son. He uses it every day and his strength has increased. The padding makes it more comfortable and thus he uses it more often. Just don't forget if you put it in a door way that you use (bathroom door) that it is there...it is self critiquing. - Pull Ups - Chin Up - Exercise - Pull Up Bar'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information