Wednesday 2 November 2011

Friction Mount - garmin nuvi, garmin mount


Keeps my unit more secure and out of the critical lines of sight. I no longer have to worry about the suction cup coming loose (it was especially bad in cold weather. It comes with two different types of pads to secure it to the dash, temporary and permanent. I used the temporary one and after a month it is still solid. Garmin Dashboard Mount (010-10747-02)

Used this item to mount my Garmin 550 on the dashboard (I had the one that came with the GPS in my other car). Works very well... the fit between the mount and the GPS unit is very reassuringly snug. Be careul using the PERMANENT disk to mount it, though... it really, really is permanent. Use the temporary disk if you're not sure. Excellent product!

I had the base mounted already from my previous GPS, so really bought this for the arm portion. I had the mount base from my StreetPilot 2620 and it's been permanent on the dash for two years and no issues. This is much better than the windshield mount for the NUVI660. The product DOES NOT come with the cradle, so you have to use the existing one from your NUVI. Excellent.

Two days ago, it came off my dashboard... eventhough I installed it using the "permanent" tape that it comes with, the heat of the summer was enough and the glue wiped off clean. From the begining, I would have to be re-adjusting the angle of the Street Pilot because with the bumps it would go down; this never happened with the original suction cup that I had to re-cycle. So in general... not such a good idea.

I had the Garmin Street Pilot 2610 which was stolen and now replaced by Garmin Nuvi 760. The old GPS had the permanent dash mount which is still on my dash. The base is exactly the same as this item except without the "arm". The "arm" fits perfectly in the old base and my new GPS fits on it perfectly without having to fear the unit may fall off of the suction device since I had the permanent mount for >2 years now.



I had the beanbag for the old GPS before, one day I stepped on the gas hard and the gps landed on the shifter and broke the screen. That's why I decided to mount it permanently.

This device works extremely well as an alternative to a suction cup mount. It gets your gps on the dash instead of hanging off the windshield. Very high quality. Also, lets you use your Nuvi with your old Garmin bean bag mount.



Excellent product from excellent company.

When our Garmin 2720 StreetPilot died we purchased one of their NUVI units. To our surprise the dash mount for both of those lines is the same. The NUVI does require a gooseneck adapter that connects to the unit and slides into the dashmount. If you are making a similar transition, you may be better served by using your old dashmount and save the money needed to buy a new one.

The temporary adhesive pads soften in hot weather, which can cause the GPS to fall off your dash. Beside the risk of damage to your expensive GPS, this is potentially dangerous, because the GPS could slide under your brake pedal.



Other than the issue with the adhesive (which has been a problem for years), the mount is reasonably well designed and effective. - Garmin Mount - Garmin C550 - Gps Mount - Garmin Nuvi'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information