Thursday 3 November 2011

Shower Pik With 3 Ft Tubing - dental irrigators, waterpik


I usually brush my teeth in the shower, so this is a perfect complement. Makes my teeth and mouth feel clean, and the benefits to the gums will be of long-term benefit. Looking forward to my next dentist visit; curious to see how much less plaque I'm going to have and the healthier gums.



Most of all though, using this in the shower makes it really easy to WANT to clean your teeth. I'm not a teeth-cleaning nut, but this thing makes me want to use it -- I can't take a shower w/o using it.



An extra little benefit is that the unit can come in handy as a pressure washer. Good for cleaning the shower and especially in grout areas. I'd recommend getting the 6' unit if you want this capability; also, if your shower is next to the sink, the longer hose can allow you to use the unit there.

This is a fantastic product! You should Google the link between gum disease, heart disease, and diabetes and you will find a mind blowing link. Bacteria enter your body from under your gums and travel through the rest of your system doing all variety of bad things to your internal organs. Who knew!

This product installs easily right at your shower head and serves as a really great way to blast away the plack...much more powerful than an ordinary water pick because you are dealing with water at house pressure.

It tickles a bit at first but you will get used to in in a couple of months. I was able to reduce my 5 millimeter pockets in the back of my mouth to zero in six months.

If you are really tricky and breath through your nose as you clean your gums you can sometimes smell the bacteria being flushed away...yuck.

Trying to maintain dental prophylaxis preventing disease by keeping the teeth and mouth free of food particles and plaque becomes more difficult the older we get. Bruushing and flossing doesn't quite get all of the particles so water jets seem to be a better method.



The sink top water pik versions are problematic; the self contained handheld ones don't have the jet power needed and the tiny reservoir needs to be constantly refilled; the large ones tethered to a tank are bulky and require care to not spray the pik's stream all over the bathroom.



The ShowerPik is ideal. You use it while you shower. Connected to the house water supply, the ShowerPik has all the pressure one needs to really clean teeth. The variable valve is easily installed between the water supply and the shower head letting the user (1)keep showering while diverting water to the Pik, (2)use only the Pik or, (3)turn it off to complete showering. Some experimentation with the valve is needed to find the right pressure for your needs. Warning! Make sure you turn the ShowerPik valve off when you finish the shower.



The ShowerPik is not safe for little children because of the power of the stream and amount of water released.



I highly recommend the ShowerPik for its great utility and very affordable price.

This is one of those products that make me wonder how I ever managed without one. I actually look forward to "showering" my gums with this device at the end of the day. I've never used a standard countertop oral irrigator, so I can't compare them, but one of the great things about the ShowerBreeze is that it gives you great freedom to move the nozzle around in your mouth and explore without worrying about the water flying everywhere. The pressure can be quite strong, which tickles at first, but you will eventually learn how to harness that energy. One caution: I found that spraying behind my rearmost bottom molars for a prolonged period seemed to dislodge or displace part of my gumline, or perhaps it caused (or cured?) an inflammation of the gum. In any case, this resulted in horrible, chronic halitosis until I stopped spraying back there for a week or so. The moral: It's possible to irrigate TOO aggressively with this thing and not even realize it because it feels so good. I use a more indirect approach now, like aiming the jet more at my teeth and letting the spatter irrigate my gumline. My only other complaint is that the whole hose thing is unsightly and looks like something you might find in a retirement home. But it gets the job done.



UPDATE: I loved this product at first (originally 5 stars), but the lever that switches the water flow from the shower head to the irrigator hose wore out after about 18 months because it is made of cheap plastic. This is a major design flaw in my opinion. I recommend buying an H2Oral Irrigator instead, which integrates the switch into handpiece. It is cheaper, easier to use and seems like it will last indefinitely.

Like many people, I find it hard to break bad habits and even harder to form good ones.



Oral irrigation in the shower with ShowerPik is so easy. I like how it feels and since I'm in the shower anyway, it's so easy to use my ShowerPik regularly.



I have been using ShowerPik for 5 months and it is just part of my life now. Recently, my dentist commented on the health of my gums. Finally, a good habit formed. - Dental Irrigators - Waterpik - Dental Water Pik - Oral Hygiene'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information