Thursday 3 November 2011

Utility Hooks


The command strips are amazing. This hook will support 7 pounds. We use ours to hand up coats on the door. I've never had one leave a mark on my walls or doors. We use them to hang stuff in the bathroom and decorations outside too. The elements don't seem to effect them.



Because this one can support so much weight, we mounted it on a door. I'm not sure I'd trust drywall or the paint to support that kind of weight.



Make sure you follow the directions. The surface should be clean and dry.



These are great for apartments and dorms. I highly recommend them. Command 17004 Jumbo Plastic Hook with Adhesive Strips, 1 Hook 4 Strips

I have been using Command hooks for all kinds of things and have a set that has been holing handbags on my bedroom wall for over a year now! I use one of these Jumbo Command hooks for my largest handbag. It's very heavy leather bag, with a very thick leather shoulder strap. I needed a hook this size to handle it's weight, and it has done so beautifully.



Mounted to the right surface, this hook could easily handle large items like electrical cords, outerwear, bathrobes, snow-pants, tote bags, several hangers filled with clothing, large wet towels (think coming in from swimming), and so many other possibilities.



Finally a way to hang even large items, without damaging any walls!

I use these hooks in my entry closet and in my bedroom closet for big/bulky and heavy objects. I weighed my heaviest bag + contents, and it came to over 6 lbs (3M states it can hold up to 7 1/2 lbs). The hook is wider than the other smaller hooks out there; I'd recommend it for backpacks, brief-bags, beach totes/contents, etc. I've also used these hooks previously for bathroom towels, but also have used the large-size without problems either.

We just bought a house that has hollow core bathroom doors. A like to think of myself as a DIY-type guy and was initially skeptical of an adhesive-based hook, but there aren't too many good mounting options for hollow doors that I'm aware of, so I tried these for hanging bathroom towels. It's been a week and so far, so good.

I have purchased several of these hooks for a walk-in pantry.

It comes one hook in a box and, although the description is true to state that you receive 4 strips, you need 2 strips/ hook so you only really get one spare set.



THE PLUSES:

* DOES THE JOB: even installed on not completely smooth surfaces (hollow door with wooden pattern and knock-down finished/painted wall), these hooks glue strong. I have tested the hooks with up to 10lbs and they did not bulge.

* Easy to install on clean and dry surface following the instructions, about 2-3 minutes/ hook.

* Wide hooks allow to hang bulky coats, several chef jackets, etc...

* Does come off the surfaces without leaving any residue, although it takes some strength and care to pull perfectly downward.



THE MINUSES:

* It is really utilitarian: pretty ugly to look at and comes in white plastic only. I would not use these hooks in plain view.

* The hook is very wide so it's possible that some items hang strangely from it. It should not be an issue for most items but shape could be altered on delicate materials.



I wish these jumbo hooks came in more attractive design/color but overall, I am very satisfied as they really do the job and hold at least the stated amount of weight. I would buy again and recommend.

My wife is on somewhat of an organizing kick and we bought several of these hooks for our mudroom. Installation is very easy; the instructions are very clear. You just need to clean the surface with alcohol first (I used an alcohol wipe), let it dry, then attach the provided strip of tape to the back of the hook, peel off the backing, then press the hook against the wall. It is a pleasure not to have to drill or use screws. And the adhesive certainly appears to be very strong.

The hook was not what I thought it would be. The hook was too large for the items I wanted to hang on it. This was not evident in the picture or description of the hook. The installation was perfect, but I will not get my moneys work out of the hooks. Great if you want to hang towels.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Utility Hooks Utility Hooks Utility Hooks