Wednesday 27 May 2009

Baby Product - child care, diapering


I haven't tried the older style of these wipes, but I am very happy with this one. I really like the packaging with the plastic bag but hard plastic opening/closure. I don't need to mess with refilling a bin but the closure works much better than the ones that are just adhesive. The wipes have a clean mild odor and are soft. They're not the thickest, most wonderful wipes around, but they are much better than most generics and you can't beat the price. I'll buy these again, but not for a while, this box will last a long time.

I used these wipes for over 3 years with my first daughter. After trying every brand out there, including chlorine free varieties, etc, I LOVED these wipes the most and used them for every baby and household purpose imaginable, the great price being an extra special bonus. Now on my second child I purchased a mega pack just a few months ago to find that something has changed. There is a distinct odor (they were truly unscented before) and they seem to irritate my new baby's skin. I had a pack laying around from an 'old batch" and have compared them side by side, the difference is definitely real. I returned the pack. Kirkland please go back to what you were doing before!

We have a new baby and he is now almost 17 months old. Well, with a new baby, you need a lot of wipes, believe me. Wipes of all types! Early on, my wife discovered Kirkland Signature Baby Wipes. She had tried a couple other more-known brands, but she said that the Kirkland Signature wipes were by far the best in addition to being the least expensive. We bought one of those mega-packs so the supply lasted a long, long time and we were very satisfied and we began using them for purposes other than the baby. Finally we ran out.



When we went back to get another mega-pack of wipes, we found that the wipes had been changed and were now in a different container. Well, my wife doesn't like these new Kirkland Signature wipes nearly as well as the old ones. Among other things, she says that they are billed as unscented, but their scent is greater than that of the old ones. Alas, we hate to see a wonderful product disappear. On the other hand, we still think that these new Kirkland wipes are much better than the more famous competing brands and are far cheaper.



Gary Peterson

These wipes are a good value at from Costco. You can buy the same size package there for $26, which is $13 less than the current Amazon price! The price used to be only $17 at Costco and has risen substantially since our daughter was born 2 1/2 yrs ago. They don't have the "cucumber" scent of Huggie's nor do they provide a rigid plastic container for refills. Each package comes pre-filled in a soft plastic container and the wipes are pulled out individually.

First off, you can get these wipes for $18.99 at Costco. I'm not sure why the price is so ridiculous here. Additionally, they sometimes have coupons for these wipes which makes them cheaper. For me, these wipes work well. They are not dry, nor too wet, although the ones at the bottom tend to have more moisture. The wipes are packaged with plastic open/close small lids so you can leave a few at the grandparents house. The wipes have done their part in handling my baby's blowouts. Its really a very good value for good wipes!

My sister-in-law recommended these after she discovered them with her son, who has very sensitive skin and is prone to diaper rash. When we had our daughter, we didn't even consider using anything else. These wipes are fragrance free, and incredibly gentle. We used a box of a popular brand that we received as a gift and were amazed at how strongly they smelled. These do not irritate out daughter's skin and are gentle enough that we don't worry at all. I would recommend these to every parent out there!

These wipes have been perfect for us. They are thicker than some of the other brands which is particularly helpful when you need it. They have a neutral smell which again works well for our little one. I have some friends who have used other store brands and they say the wipes are not strung together so it is hard to get them out - but not the case with these. They are easy to pull out and use from the soft case or you can remove the package and use in a warmer.

For the first year of my son's life I loved, loved, loved the Kirkland brand wipes. Unfortunately they changed and I'm not a big fan. We never had diaper rash before using the "new" wipes and now my son screams while on the changing table. I'm not sure exactly WHAT changed (I read they used to be cloth and now they're paper) but it is irritating and has an off-odor, like chemicals. I switched to Pampers sensitive and while those were much gentler, I use about 10 to every one kirkland brand. I do like the thickness of the kirkland so that is why I gave them 2 stars. They are good for non-diaper related clean ups (i.e. face, hands, tables). - Baby - Diapering - Unscented - Child Care'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • unscented
  • ,
  • diapering
  • ,
  • child care
  • ,
  • baby