Wednesday 27 May 2009

Network Switch - gigabit, gigabit ethernet switch


Going from a NetGear to this was like moving from Detroit to the Swiss Alps. Nice and small, yet great build quality. Internet performance is more solid than with other switches I've tried over the years. One huge plus is, it doesn't get hot like the others. Good job D-Link another top-notch product. D-Link DGS-1008G 8-Port Gigabit Desktop Switch

This is a fantastic product. It's hard for some reason to find a good Gigabit Switch. Most consumer switches are 10/100, not 10/100/1000, and they sell for the same price or more than the D-Link. Prior to this, I was using several Dell 2708 switches. They ran flawlessly but are large and heavy (and made of metal). This product is tiny, mostly plastic, light, and runs cool. I also like the power saving features. The D-Link 5-port Switches, at half the price, are an excellent value.

Replaced my old Linsys Gigabit Switch with this one and "NOW I'M FLYING". "NOT ALL GIGABIT SWITCHES ARE CREATED EQUALLY!" This delivers higher than expected performance and exceeds my high expectations. I own a total of three D-Link gigabit switches. All outperforms my other Linksys versions. Get this and stop shopping, please!

Been wanting to add more Ethernet ports for a while and never knew the difference between a router and switch. Already had two routers for each service I use [have a backup since I work from home]. Did a lot of research on switches and routers and always had good luck with D-Link, and their routers and switches get good reviews, so I got a 5 port and an 8 port and they both work great and really expanded the use of my wired internet. Have not noticed any decrease in speed by adding the switches and all you have to do is plug it in, hook the cord [I use Cat6] from the router to the #1 slot and connect away.

This is a very attractive switch that I am using for Gigabit speeds with Cat6 cabling. It is small and provides 7 connections plus the uplink (which for me is port 1). If you do not need the uplink, that port can serve as your eigth connection.



I used to transfer files and do backups across my wireless network. I have recently rearranged my basement and placed all of my computers near my cable modem and wireless router. Now that I have wired the computers into this switch, which uplinks to my router, everything is blazingly fast over Gigabit cabling.



After a week of using this switch, I decided to purchase another one. It is very fast. Be warned that these switches are not stackable, due to the rounded top.

Its small, fast, reliable and sleek. Not stackable because of its rounded top. Looks nice with my home stereo setup and its lights are not annoying because they are on top and not facing forward. Never need to reset this device. Lights indicate whether a device is connected at 100 or 1000.

This is a very small and stylish 5 port switch, works great, no setup problem and it's connected to our new Belkin N1 router in our upstairs office.

The switch sits next to our Apple TV in the living room and blends in well. FYI, it's also energy efficient green as well.



Purchased this product from Amazon, great price and fast shipping. - Switches - Gigabit Switch - Gigabit Ethernet Switch - Gigabit'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information