Saturday 30 May 2009

A Toy


This product is pretty good. The knife is awesome. It's very sturdy and well sharpened, not to mention it just looks amazing. However, I do not like the sheath; it's extremely uncomfortable. So the knife is good but the sheath sucks. Kershaw Amphibian - Kydex Sheath Knife

I thought this was a dive knife, so I purchased one a couple weeks ago , after my first dive there was rust all over it. I would have never bought it if I thought it would rust, who wants a rusty knife? It did perform well as far as spearfishing goes though. Would not recommend to a diver, unless you want to look like an idiot in front of other spearfishermen with your old rusty dive knife that looks like something you found in a ditch.

The knife is totally awesome. The sheath, not so much. It looks kinda cheap, and seems like it can be a little risky if you try to pull the knife out too quick while it's buckled to your leg. I guess any tool like this might be. Overall, the blade is really great, and I like how small the entire item is. I bought it mainly for it's quality knife and small size. So if that is what you are looking for, then this is the product for you.

I have one of these and I don't remember where I got it (or why). I've had it for at least 20 years so I presume it's a little different from the one currently, however, the pictures look the same and mine says "Amphibian" on the blade.



Mine came with a leather sheath of the type sold with boot knives. So I guess it was being marketed at the time as a hide-away knife for self defense. I probably bought it thinking it looked cool but I don't remember ever using it for anything whatsoever. I don't dive, I've never had to stab or cut anyone to defend myself and I can't really think of a reason to own this knife except for the fact that it looks cool.



If you're a diver, you might find this useful. I don't know that I would depend on it to defend my life. Maybe the bad guy would stop what he's doing and say, "Hey! Cool knife, man!" and I could run away. I don't know. But the fact is, it's not really a very practical knife for camping, hunting, fishing or general utility and there are lots of tactical-type knives available today that are better suited to self-defense.



And I have never even considered carrying this silly thing in my boot.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


A Toy A Toy A Toy