Wednesday 27 May 2009

Speaker Wire - surround system, home audio


I am no pro but I can say that I can not tell the difference between this speaker cable and the more expensive stuff. I've been doing this sort of thing for many years and always used the more expensive cables but a friend, who is in the business, told me recently that copper wire is copper wire, no matter what company you buy it from and as long as the wire is shielded properly, why pay more? Made sense to so I tried it and guess what? He was right! I don't have test devices to check OHM loss and all that stuff, only my ear and my ear tells me I can't tell the difference at any volume or range. Never too old to learn something new! RCA AH16100N 16-Gauge Speaker Wire (100 Feet)

This speaker wire is a great value at this price. The sound quality is great compared to the 24 gauge wire I was using before, and for this price it is well worth the upgrade. The positive and negative portions of the wire are clearly labeled and therefore very easily discernible. 100 feet was plenty for my medium sized room to run along side the floorboards and hides pretty well.

The only problem with this cable, as another reviewer commented, is it is not on a spindle and is a little harder to manage, but seriously not a big problem. Do yourself a favor and by this inexpensive great quality cable over any monster cable, unless you like overpriced wires where the differences are not audible to the human ear.

Unless you need it for outside and need a thicker coated wire....this wire will do you just fine. there is no reason to pay for name brand wire (like monster cable ect.) Underneath the conduit insulation it is still just copper wire. I bought this wire for my 15 yr old sons system we just got for his bday. He was worried because his friend had monster cable, so borrowed some monster cable from a friand to compare with this wire and we could not tell the difference. Him and his friends were impressed and his friend who we borrowed the cable from was dissappointed he spent so much money on the wire he bought.

Compre este cable de 16, marca RCA y en verdad estoy muy complacido con el mismo. Lo instale en mi equipo de sonido y no tengo ninguna queja con respecto a la calidad de sonido. La longuitud es mas que suficiente para mis requerimientos (son 30 mts. y vienen polarizados). En resumen, si desea adquirir un buen cable para conectar sus altavoces a su HIFI, no deje de considerar este producto, lo recomiendo ampliamente.



Buy this cable RCA 16-Gauge and I am very pleased with it. I install it on my stereo and I have no complaints about sound quality. The length is more than enough for my requirements (there are 30 mts. And are polarized). In short, if you want to buy a good cable to connect your speakers to your HIFI, no longer consider this product, I recommend it widely.

Got these speaker wires because the ones that came with my Home Theater in a Box were tiny skinny things that wouldn't carry a decent current. Since I've switched to these 16 gauge wires there has been zero issues with sound. I have the wires running about 27 feet to the back of the room and I have noticed no issues with sound at all. It is highly recommended to have 16 gauge wire when running 25-50 ft of wire length for decent midrange audio systems. So why pay expensive store prices when you can just get this out of the box wire bundle and save a bundle and tell Monster where to stick their over priced cables. (Good Reference Overview for Speaker Wire: [...]

I bought this speaker wire (lamp cord) to hook up my Sony SS-440 speakers to my classic Pioneer SX-4 receiver. It's regular old speaker wire and to me, sounds pretty clean and clear. Being at 100ft, it's more than long enough for my needs, and there's plenty more if I need some in the future.



It's long, durable speaker wire at a reasonable price. It's good enough for me! - Surround System - Speaker Cables - Home Audio - Home Theater'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information