Tuesday 26 May 2009

Sd Card Reader - sd card reader, cd player


I was looking for a replacement unit for my 1996 Bayliner boat. The factory unit stopped working and needed to be upgraded anyway. I was going to buy the "mechless" version of this unit, but decided to spend the extra few dollars to have the CD player as well.

The radio has good reception using the built in antenna on the boat. No static or fading. Works as expected.



I used a couple of different SD cards to test it. I filled up a 2GB and a 1GB card, both formatted to FAT32. Popped them in and hit the shuffle button. No issues, both played just fine. One card I set up with directories and was able to skip from one directory to another.



CD Player worked fine, although I will probably never use it.



Sound was better than expected in a boat at normal volume. Although when volume was high, it did get a lot of distortion. That may possibly be the fault of the speakers as they are 14 years old and have been exposed to the elements. I will be installing new speakers soon and will update this review if it sounds any better.



*UPDATE*

Added new speakers. Sounds much better. The old speakers were shot. Volume on this unit is still not great, but in a boat it is more than enough. PYLE PLCD3MR AM/FM-MPX In-Dash Marine CD/MP3 Player/USB and SD Card Function

The term "marine" was not explained well on site. It means white, permanent undetachable face plate. Other than that, it fits perfectly into a standard in dash mount for your car. I replaced another after market CD player and wire configuration was identical. So pushing the same wires back into the same tight spot was the only real challenge. No holes to cut.



The 160 watts are more than adequate power. But the ability to handle SD Flash chips and USB and CD is extremely handy.



This is the 2nd Pyle in dash unit I have owned. The other car died before the Pyle did.

Unit arrived quickly and in perfect condition. Very easy installation and all functions tested (radio, cd, ipod) worked perfectly. Attractive display and decent sound quality, especially for the price paid. Very satisfied with this product.

I wouldn't buy this radio. When I first got it all was well. It felt a little cheap but I expected that. I got it all connected and the radio worked fine, although the button layout and menus were confusing at best. Then a month later I had to take the radio out to put a seal around it. When doing so the back screw that held it in fell back into the radio, there was nothing there to keep it from doing this. Afraid of a short I had to open the radio up and get the screw out of there. It wasn't under power at all during this. When it was all back together, after voiding the warranty, the radio didn't work right. All the buttons do is change the band, any button I press will just change it from FM, AM, AUX,Card.



Don't buy it, it is made very cheap.

This is a great product for the price. It replaced an existing Sony AM/FM/CD player with ease. All of the connections fit all of the old connections. The sound quality is very good. I used a 16G SD and loaded about 1,500 songs on it. The remote feature is very easy to use. I highly recommend this unit.

Radio seems to work just fine for my purposes. I would never figure out how to operate it without the manual for sure.



If I hadn't done a custom install in an off-road vehicle, I would have sent it back though. After I got it all wired and installed and turned it on, I discovered you have to hold you head just right, stand on one foot, hop to the right, and then turn 60 degrees just to be able to read the display. It is very angle sensitive. The display is really bad and I will probably replace this with something readable the first time it gives me any problem. - Boat Radio - Pyle - Sd Card Reader - Cd Player'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information