Saturday 30 May 2009

Clicknship - clicknship, labels


I use this size label for shipping stuff via UPS and the USPS. I thought I would spend the extra $ on Avery, they've been making shipping labels since the Puritans shipped their stuff to the New World. They have some good features - easy to peel from the backing, they cover well and the ink dries instantly - BTW these work perfectly with either laser or inkjet printers. I've had no problems with the printing aspect. It's the adhesion aspect that is a problem - these guys like to peel at the edges. No matter how much I rub and burnish them, they usually peel at least a little, sometimes a lot. They're better on coated cardboard like the USPS Priority Mail boxes, worse on regular cardboard boxes. The smoother the surface, the better they stick. That's true with most adhesives, but these labels are designed to be used on boxes, and should stick perfectly to all types, especially at this price. Avery Internet Shipping Labels for Laser Printers with TrueBlock Technology, 5.5 x 8.5 Inches, White, Box of 200 (05126)

I too had the problem of the receipt printing out on the other half of the sheet (label) when printing my postage, but I solved it by only inserting one label into the printer, NOT one whole sheet. My printer simply stops printing when it detects the end of the page and spits out the label. I have a feeling this will work for most other printers as well. I would encourage all to try this once. For me, as a result of this technique, not a single label is wasted. I LOVE THEM!!!



UPDATE:I got a new printer, a completely different brand and the above technique works like a charm in this one, too. I really think this works on all printers, give it a try! :o)



UPDATE! Ron, of Life Defined Photography was kind enough to let me know that you can change a setting in paypal shipping preferences and this will cause your printer only to print the one half of the label. I found this setting and mapped out an exact path. Once you've logged into your paypal,



Follow these steps below:



Under Profile click 'More Options'...then under the 'selling preferences' column click 'shipping preferences'...then under 'printer' click the 'edit printer settings' link. You'll see a box that says 'print receipt'. Uncheck this box, then scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'save'.

These labels are great for printing the USPS Labels for the items I sell on ebay when I print the label in paypal - sometimes I'm afraid it won't adhere - the edges will come a little loose but they seemed to work OK - so far all the items (300+) that I've sent in the past 3 months nobody has compalined of not receiving them

I bought these for my ebay store, to make shipping faster. I spent x6 times the amount for this higher brand. Problem is that this paper, 50% gets jammed in my printer, so I can not do multi order shipping on paypal, and print it in one shot. They need to increase the flexibility & decrease the thickness. Then the other issue is the price, it is way too overpriced, when I can get the same thing and maybe better for 5 dollars. Only thing I like is that the paper label is good quality and sticks well. But I think I am going to either have to buy the cheaper brand or buy a Zebra label printer.

I use these labels to print US Postal Service Click N Ship labels. They are very white, very thick, and print very cleanly and they never cause any jamming or feeding issues in my HP Laserjet 2550. They do cover what you stick them on very well as advertised-- meaning you won't see barcodes or other addresses underneath. On the downside, the adhesion of these is not as good as Dymo type labels. If I am placing this on a box that is the same size as the label, I always put packaging tape around the edges of the label because I'm not confident it is going to stay on during beating tossed around during shipping. I haven't tried the other brand mentioned here, but would be willing to. I'm not disappointed with these and if you have a need I could recommend them, but I think there is some room for improvement on adhesion. Don't get me wrong, their adhesion isn't as light as a post it or anything like that... On the upside, they shouldn't ruin your printer rollers if one were to come off during printing and stick inside your printer-- which is a common problem when printing labels in a laser printer.

Bought this to save time on shipping. I used to print on plain paper and then cut it and tape it to the mailing envelope, now I don't have to tape but still have to cut, I use stamps.com, USPSclicknship.com and PayPal.com to print my mailing labels and the printing format it does not fit the actual size of the label sheet, therefore a cutting must be made. The question is; should I spend $20 just to save a few minutes in putting tape to my labels or go back to the always cheap but time-consuming roll of tape?

Advice to future buyers: Perforated in the middle for easy cut, but only in half. When printing, the remaining margins must be cut off, it does not have rounded corners, only advantage I see against plain paper? Self adhesive. - Easy - Labels - Clicknship - Avery'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • easy
  • ,
  • labels
  • ,
  • clicknship
  • ,
  • avery