Tuesday 26 May 2009

Childrens Furniture - table, childrens furniture


We got this table as a gift for our son two years ago when he was three. It is a wonderful table!



I'm impressed with how strong and sturdy it is. I frequently sit at the table with my son while we work on projects and feel perfectly comfortable putting my full weight (I'm not a small person) onto the chair. As a matter of fact, we routinely use the chair as a "step-stool" to get things off of his high shelves. The chairs set firmly on the floor -- I can't remember anyone ever falling over in one. It gets used on a regular basis and I haven't noticed any scratches or scuffs. (We have the Pecan finish.) It is also quite attractive with a classic simple design. My son especially likes the little shelf area under the table-top where he stores his markers and drawing paper. I like that it blends nicely with our other Craftsman style furniture and does not look cheap. I put the table together by myself with no problems and two years later have never had to tighten any of the bolts.



I would agree with some of the reviewers that this table is more to scale for a primary-school age child and not so much for a toddler. But personally I like the size. Although his feet didn't touch the floor while sitting in the chair when he was three, my son was still able to get on and off the chairs by himself and we won't need to replace it later because it is too small. In my opinion, it is the perfect "in between" size to grow with my son.



One suggestion I do have is to purchase some of those felt pads for the bottom of the chair and table legs. We have hardwood floors and the chairs get skidded around quite a bit and scratched the floor before I was able to put pads on them. Lipper International 534C Child's Rectangular Table and 2-Chair Set, Cherry

This is a great table and chairs set. It is solid wood, sturdy, and nice looking. It is also a good height for my 6 year old and will last probably until she is ten or so. It is tall enough that I am comfortable sitting at it with her to play games. Putting it together was fairly easy as long as you have muscles, because you have to screw the bolts in really tight and it is tough! My husband did it. The chairs are really easy to put together.



I would have given it 5 stars but for three things:

1. The screws stand out because they are metal and are not hidden at all.

2. The cubbies are a strange size - they don't really fit standard paper, we'll use the cubbies for bins of crayons, markers, etc.

3. Mine came with a small scratch on the tabletop - not bad enough to send back, but annoying.





We were not planning on ordering the extra chairs, but we've changed our minds - they will actually fit side by side on the long side. You could have 6 chairs fit around this table if you needed it. This will also be nice to use during dinners with family and friends for the kids table. The cherry finish is really pretty - you won't regret buying it.

The table is too tall for a 3-4 year old. I had to get out my saw and cut the table legs. I had a chair seat with a broken piece. I used wood glue and clamped it overnight to fix it. The chairs are not level. They rock back and forth. This purchase was not worth the price.

All I can say about Lipper International's customer service is "WOW!". Right after I put the table and chair set together, I noticed a crack along on of the table edges. I called the company directly this morning to see if there were any options other than going thru Amazon's return process (didn't want to have to take it all apart and attempt to fit it back in the box). I asked the representative who answered my call if there was any way I could just get a replacement table top, and she immediately said yes, took my name/address/phone, and promised a replacement would be sent out quickly. No hassle, no questions, no verifications. What a pleasure to have such a good experience with a company!



And as for the product itself -- it's well-made, sturdy, and attractive. My 3 yr old daughter loves it. It only took me about 30 mins. to put together the table and four chairs (ordered an extra set of chairs). If you order the extra set of chairs, be aware that all of the chairs will fit around the table, but you will not be able to push the chairs all the way under the table. Not a big deal to me, but some people may not like that.

This is a great looking table. We wanted something in a cherry color and there were not many options. It was relatively easy to put together and it is of good quality. Our only complaint is that it was very tall for our 1 1/2 year old (who was off the charts in height). It is better for preschool age kids who are tall. If you want something for a toddler, I'd be inclined to get a shorter table.

I think children need a table that is their size for games, puzzles, and art activities. At our home we still use the maple table and chair set that was given to my son in 1972 whenever the grandchildren visit so I wasn't willing to pass it on. I ordered this table and chairs set for my four year old twin grandsons. The price was extremely reasonable (we had seen similar sets in stores for over $200) It arrived in a timely manner and was relatively easy to assemble with the hex key provided and our power screwdriver to put the long screws into the table legs. I am a 66 year old grandmother and had no difficulty understanding the directions or assembling the chairs which came in 8 pieces each. There were screws with hex tops and wooden pegs. We added a drop of glue to each end of each wooden peg to strengthen the bond. (These are active boys!) The finish is good but not great; there was a slightly rough place on the top that I was disappointed to find. Aside from that, we were quite satisfied and the boys were thrilled to death. The openings, which were criticized in several reviews that I read, seem adequate to store boxes of crayons and markers, coloring books and drawing paper. They ate their breakfast and lunch on the table that day and enjoyed putting puzzles together and playing a game later in the day. My son and his family are looking forward to many years of use from this set. - Table - Childrens Furniture - Kids Furniture - Children Table'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information