Sunday 31 May 2009

Notebook Hard Drive Enclosure - hd enclosure, hard drive enclosure


This is a simple generic IDE/ATA interface for a 2.5" laptop hard drive. Plug your 2.5" drive into the case, put it together, and plug the furnished USB plug into just about any computer. Presto, you have an external drive.



You can pay more, and maybe even get some more bells and whistles. But if you just want a simple backup hard drive or a place to store files, this item works just fine. USB External Portable 2.5 Inchs 2.5-inch ATA IDE Hard Disk Drive HDD Enclosure Box Case Laptop

I bought this for about $5.00 (shipping included) here in amazon.



For that price I honestly expected a horrible product





But I was VERY surprised. This product is great!



No bells, no whistles. A simple USB plug and a red light to tell if its reading/writing. That's IT!



I read that the build quality was bad. I have observed otherwise (at least in my unit). USB plug is not sideways, it fits perfect, and I've had no problems so far.



Took me longer to ponder if I should plug in both USB plugs into my PC, than it did to install



(BTW: yes plug them both, my PC kept saying it could be "faster" if plugged to a USB 2 HUB, this was because I only had one of the USB plugs plugged in. It needs the juice of both)--And yeah all my PC's USB plugs are 2.0 :)





The instructions, they are nice if you know nothing about hard drives. If you know what it means to format them and know that you might have to look at the jumper of yours, then your fine, you can throw the instruction booklet away



It brings EVERYTHING you need (except the HDD). Screwdriver and screws are included, and even a little pouch to take it with you.







Bottom line: This is an enclosure for backups, or if you need the drive for light uses (in other words....I wouldn't leave it on overnight...no fan). For this price, and its compactness, you can't ask for anything else





Speed wise..........The HDD i'm using came of a laptop from early 2003. Save to say the HDD was MADE in 2002. I won't even put it to the test, i know its slow (the HDD that is). So sorry if I can't post read/write speeds

It took me longer to unwrap the mailing package and open the box than to assemble and plug in the USB to my computer. I'm very pleased with this brand, it works without any problems. My computer recognized it right away. I have no cons for this product technically, it could have come with a better pouch with padding. I've purchased many enclosures for old or new hard-drives, this enclosure worked as well as the more expensive enclosures.

ordered ATA enclosure they sent wrong item and it can not fit with my HDD.

ask for refund from international country they want me to send it back to them? how can i cost of shipping, duty already paid???

avoid them.

Service from seller was great arriving in record time. Problem is that the product pictured was nowhere near the product received. Might have been ok if it worked but it didn't. Luckily I didn't pay much at all for the product so I just affirmed a old proverb..."Ya git whatcha pay for". It'll make a novel cigarette case.

This little hard disk drive enclosure is amazing. When I was looking for an enclosure to save the hard drive from my damaged laptop, I didn't think such a thing even existed. After searching for several days, I found three enclosures to choose from. The other two were ten times more expensive than this one. This one works perfectly. It's amazing!

I bought this hard drive case after destroying the motherboard on my laptop but managing to save the hard drive. I wanted to access my files. After initially purchasing the wrong type of enclosure (check whether yours is an IDE or a SATA type of hard drive before you get this. Newer laptops use the IDE style) I got this one. It was easy to insert my hard disk and easy to access all of my files. It is inexpensively constructed but you get what you pay for. I would recommend this product. - Hd Enclosure - Hard Drive Enclosure - Usb Drive - Sata Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • sata case
  • ,
  • hd enclosure
  • ,
  • hard drive enclosure
  • ,
  • usb drive