Thursday 27 November 2008

Answering Machine - wireless, cordless


I will be brief. This is one of the best phones I have ever used. It is clear, can hold three way conversations, has a "find handset" feature, has an intercom feature that works very well, has a great caller ID/Phone book feature that shows on all handsets and the base. In addition, all handsets have a long talk/standby time. Furthermore, the display and number pad on each handset and base are backlit in orange and are easy to read. It is wise to read the manual to properly setup the phone, but it is not that difficult.



All in all a very good system. We had been using a Uniden 2.4Ghz phone for a long time and it was excellent, but was showing its age (due to heavy use) and sometimes interfering with our WiFi network. No WiFi issues with DECT 6.0 and voice clarity is very good. Again, I would highly recommended this product. I found this at Sam's for $85. If you are looking for a new phone system, this one is hard to beat. Uniden DECT1588-3T DECT 6.0 Corded/Cordless Digital Answering System with Dual Keypad and Cordless Handset and Chargers

This is a great DECT 6 phone system. It has everything you can ask for...

- corded base phone

- wall mountable

- answering machine

- cordless handsets

- speaker phone on both base and handsets

- nice display panel

- backlit keypad

- many other features...



It is easy to assemble.



The only feature it doesn't have is voice caller ID. But who needs it.



You can't go wrong with this phone system.

--I wrote a review, but I haven't seen it post, so I'm trying again. If it happens to post and you see me twice, I apologize!



Anyway, we bought these phones and right out of the box I was surprised to find some of the features missing that I had enjoyed on my previous set of Uniden phones and knew I would miss these features... Like headset jacks, belt clips, and variety of ringtones.



But the real problem came when people tried to call us. They might here me answer "Hello" but they would soon complain that they couldn't hear me at all or that I sounded garbled. So we exchanged the phones and the next set did the same thing only worse. Only with incomming calls...?



Maybe you'll have better luck! But we couldn't make them work.



On the plus side I really liked the set up, having a corded phone with answering machine as the base and then cordless handsets. But because they didn't work we are trying another brand.

Almost didn't need the instructions. Only had the system for one week, but setup was simple. Wireless handsets have function menus contained in them. Nice and self explanatory features. Clairty is exceptional - no static. I have tons of other wireless electronics and I experience no interference from them. Base unit functions (corded) when power is out. I highly recommend this phone. Answering system is first rate. I had a Vtech phone which was crap! Threw it out! :)

I've used this system for over two months now. It has many nice features, but two things come back to irritate me time and again. First, with our old answerer, if I picked up any extension while screening a call, the answerer would sense this and not count that as a "New Message." Hence, no mesage to have to go back and delete. And if you did want to delete a message, you could do it with one button push, without having to play back messages first. With this system, if I pick up any phone while screening a call which the answerer is answering, the answerer counts it as a new message. Even if a caller identifies herself for only a brief second before I pick it up... "Hi, this is Mary..." and I pick it up, now the answerer counts it as a new message. So the base unit beeps every fifteen seconds as if it is a message I want to hear later. So now the "message" needs to be deleted, but you can't delete it until after you press PLAY first. Very annoying, making it virtually useless if you use the answerer to screen your calls, because you won't want to screen your calls in light of the chore to delete the message fragment each time.



Second, there is a potentially serious design flaw with the handset speakerphones. I use six handsets, and all of them exhibit the following quirk. If you hold the handset with the keypad facing your palm, as when you want to hear the anemic speaker volume a bit better by pointing the speaker toward your face or ear, the presence of your hand in the front causes the speaker volume to drop to nearly zero. At first I thought I had a defective handset, but then I noted it on all of them, and narrowed it down to the presence of the hand, or in fact any object, in front of the keypad. Uniden denies hearing of this problem, but anybody who owns this system, try this, and tell me I am wrong. Place a call from a handset, not just a dial tone, but place a call to a friend or voice mail so you have an actual connection. Now, while listening to the speaker, place your hand within an inch of the keypad/microphone, and the speaker all but mutes completely. At first I thought cupping the hand in front of the microphone was causing it to pick up the sound from the speaker, thus muting the speaker since it is a simplex system, but in that case, once the speaker mutes and there are no other extraneous sounds, the speaker should come back on, but this is not the case. As long as the hand or any object, even paper, is placed in front of the keypad/microphone area, the speaker will not work. All six of my handsets, from two different sets, do this. Did Apple design this, a la the new iPhones? Now that I know this, it can be worked around, but since Uniden finds it fit to not offer a headset or even a belt clip with these speakerphone handsets, the only option that leaves for hands-free is to put it in a shirt pocket, but even that is not possible with this glitch. Time to acknowledge the problem and go back to the drawing boards, Uniden... - Cordless - Answering Machine - Corded - Wireless'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information