Saturday 29 November 2008

Scalp Massagers


I am something of a connoisseur of scalp scratchers. I've bought the solid copper ones (happy company, head trip) and the vibrating ones. Those don't really do the trick for me. I light that light, tingly feeling like something is crawling all over my head. The other scratchers I have tried have wires or 'fingers' that are just too thick and/or too rigid. With most, the wires are designed in such a way that I'd have to bend them in just the right way or could come close to hurting myself.

This one has thin, flexible, stainless wires with small plastic nibs at the tips. The wires are not adjustable, but it doesn't matter. I haven't wanted to adjust them. I think this item is simply wonderful; I purchased one at Bed Bath And Beyond and gave it away as a gift (stupid!), then I couldn't find another until I came here to Amazon (yay!).

Note: Unlike the picture, the stem or handle is a textured silver metal, not copper. Doesn't matter to me, though. Feels the same. Awesome.

Usually I am too lazy to leave any review. Yet I feel this one deserves it.



It is light and easy to use. The best thing is that when those tips touch my head, it feels better than using my fingers! Not only it covers almost all areas (from what I feel), the touch itself is soft, gentle and relaxing! Regardless what amount of strength you use, thanks to its design, it always gives right amount of pressure.



Try it and you will like it. It makes a great gift for non-believer like me.

My husband and I have used this product for a couple of days. I don't know what I expected when I purchased it -- certainly not an intense massage that was equivalent to a human masseuse working on my head. My husband, who does not have much hair, says the device tickles too much. I have a good deal of hair and I find the sensations produced to not be too ticklish but soothing, especially on the back of the head.



I would buy this more as a gag gift or a gift for the person who has everything. It can also serve as a conversation piece as it looks a tad strange.



I don't think you should expect this to relieve any chronic pains. I get severe migraines and I did not buy it in attempt to treat those but I was tempted to try it when I had a full-blown headache the other day. It did nothing to relieve the pain.



For the price I purchased the item (3.99), I don't expect it to be long-lasting. The device has little plastic nubs covering the twelve metal prongs. One of the nubs fell off and I had to put some tape on the end. The device looses any level of pleasantness when you have raw metal scraping against your head.



For those that care about the country of origin, this product was made in China.

I got tired for massaging my fiance's head so I got the Scalp Massager and let me tell you - nothing has worked better. He LOVES this thing. And I love it b.c. it works and was so cheap. I'm not a scalp massager expert so I'm not sure if others will comment that it's flimsy but I think it's pretty great.

Supposedly, regular scalp massage stimulates blood flow to the brain and also helps hair growth. Well, I don't know about all of that, but I certainly find using this scalp massager relaxing and pleasant! I put it to the test as soon as it arrived (about 10 minutes ago) and, let me tell you, it feels gooooood. The first few strokes produced a tingly feeling all the way down my spine, but then the effects wore off and it just felt good-scratchy. This little doohickey has tiny plastic nubs on the tips of the wires, so you don't have to worry about being too rough, and the design allows it to reach all the way to the back and sides of the head if you position it correctly. If you're buying as a gift, I would recommend picking up two- one as a gift, and one to keep for yourself!

This scalp massager is just great. I got mine and liked it so much that I ordered a few for my friends. Anyone who has used it really likes it. It sensitizes and relaxes although I have noticed that you lose a little feeling after a couple of minutes of massaging. For longer duration try rotating the massager in addition to moving it laterally.



PS: I am a bit dismayed by this "targeted pricing". When I ordered it, the price was just $2 but every time I have come back to order another, the price has been higher. Its up to almost $5. Still worth it though...

For the price of this product, expecting a salon-quality scalp massage is unreasonable, but I'm a bit obsessed with having my head touched, massaged, rubbed, teased...whatever. So this was a must buy. I get 3-4 headaches per week, and this gadget is nice for relieving some of the tension. As another reviewer said, your scalp quickly adapts to the sensation, and the nice, tingling feeling only lasts for a couple of minutes, at best. The rubber guards at the end of the wires seem pretty secure--none have fallen off.



Here are some other random uses for it:

- Cat toy and scratcher.

- Stylus for your PDA or mobile phone (the handle has a pencil-like shape to it).

- Antenna for your old-school television.

- Beating eggs.



Ok, I was being facetious. In all honesty, however, this scalp massager was a great buy. Try it!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Scalp Massagers Scalp Massagers Scalp Massagers