Thursday 27 November 2008

White Board - small magnetic dry erase board, magnetic dry erase board


Summary: The board is great, the accessories are not.



I've had this board for a year or so now, we use it daily to keep track of groceries shopping. There was no mounting option, which I just solved with some tape, a piece of cardboard and couple thumbtacks.



The eraser that comes with the board is ridiculously tiny. A soft paper towel does a better job at wiping the board. The markers that come with the board where also of poor quality and left marks when trying to erase them. Just get better markers and it will be fine.



The board erases easily and with no residue, no "ghosting", if you use good quality markers.



Bottom line: consider getting Board Dudes 11 x 14-Inch Metalix Magnetic Dry Erase Board, Colors May Vary (45000UA-4) instead which seem to be the same board without the accessories. Board Dudes Metalic Magnetic Dry Erase Value Pack, 11 x 14 Inches (45016UAT-18)

The board is exactly what I wanted. The magnets are powerful and the eraser unlike others have said, does stick. Just turn the eraser to the non erasing side and plant that on your metal and it will stick. All the magnets are powerful and I have my board on my garage door so that before I leave I can look at any notes I have made for the day ahead. I bought more because I liked the first one so much so I can keep score playing ping pong.

I bought this Dry Erase board because of the extras included. The board has mounted easily with the mounting pieces included. My only problem was that the magnetic eraser wasn't really magnetic, so I added a stick on magnet to the back of the eraser, problem fixed! The eraser cleanly removes the notes on the board. I see no residue left at all.

Looks very nice mounted on the front of my fridge ready for listing grocery items I need as I think of them.

My friend liked it so much that I've ordered her one for her Birthday next month. I know she's going to love it as much as I love mine.

I don't think you can go wrong with this really nice white board. Large enough to jot things down as you think of them, small enough to fit nicely on the fridge door.

I love this board!!

Dollmakervb

It does everything I want it to and comes with everything needed to write quick notes and reminders. No need to buy anymore accessories till the ink runs out of the pen. Big enough size for any room of the house.

I agree with what others have posted - I bought this product, and the magnets aren't strong enough to hold the board up on my fridge... when I try to put the board up on my fridge, it just slowly slides down the fridge. Worthless

I keep this on the fridge to make notes on. chores I need to do, auto maint, groceries and such. It is a little more flimsy than I like. It also could use more metal, and a stronger magnet in the eraser. I actually have to set the eraser on top of it cause it will slide down the board and fall off the fridge. The clips for the two markers don't fit perfect and you have to bend the board a tiny bit to get it on the fridge properly. It has however lasted for 6 months now, including the markers.

I bought this board because my mother is wheelchair bound and I have a large capacity freezer and second refrigerator out in my garage. I was going to use this board to stick to the inside of my metal door that leads to the garage so she could see what we have out there. When I close the door the board slides down to the floor.

It sticks better to the refrigerator but, now it's too low for me to write comfortably.

Also, when I did put it on the refrigerator I had to take the extra magnet knobs that are supposed to stick notes to the board and use them to support the weight of the board. [I did use the double stick pads to push the magnets out past the frame like everyone else said to do.]



Overall, I like it but, I wish the magnets were a little stronger.

The markers are great but, the clips that hold them are a little chinsey. You're better off sliding them in from the side instead of snapping them in straight on.



For a low cost board it does it's job. - Dry Erase - Magnetic Dry Erase Board - Small Magnetic Dry Erase Board - White Board'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information