Tuesday 25 November 2008

Corded Headset - hands free, corded headset


I have a home office which is full of electronics including wireless routers and cordless phones. When I use a blue tooth headset with my cell phone, I tend to get static. I know I'm not supposed to, but I do. The static is really bad with a cheap blue tooth headset, and less so with a more expensive one -- but it's still there and still annoying. As a result, I started trying different corded headsets from cheap to expensive with varying luck. In all cases the static went away, but the headsets left a lot to be desired in one or more categories: Comfort, the ability to hear, the ability to be heard. I have been very pleased with the Sony DR-J115. The ear piece is intelligently designed and fits comfortably. The sound is clear. I have had no complaints about being heard either and do not feel compelled to speak more loudly than normal as I have with other headsets. The price was very reasonable as well. If you're in the market for a corded headset, I highly recommend this one. Sony DR-J115 Corded Mobile Ear Clip Headset

I love the style of these headphones - I use the Sony stereo headphones (Sony MDR-J10) on my iPhone/iPod exclusively, highly recommend. HOWEVER, this headset (with microphone) is NOT compatible with the iPhone; wrong jack size. My fault for not researching thoroughly, but hopefully this will keep others from doing the same. Works well on my home phone (I know who still has one of those.)

The end of the cord fits slightly too loosely into my standard cell phone. Every time I move, the cord moves a millimeter or so, which is the difference between having sound and no sound. I tried calling a few different people and tested it out by holding the phone in my pocket, in my hand, clipped on my belt, etc., and it continued to have the sound cut out. It is extremely frustrating and is not usable.

This earphone clears out a lot of disturbances so there are clear conversations. The price is good for this quality Sony product. Although not my complaint, I was made fun of listening to music on one ear-piece (this headphone has just one ear-piece)

Yes, it has a wire, but the reception of the conversation and the reduction of background noise over using a wireless bluetooth device makes using this device more pleasant for the person on the other end.

The sound quality is OK - it sounds a little muffled, but good enough to carry on a conversation if you're not in a noisy area. It's a little difficult to put on with one hand (such as while you're driving), but it fits well once it's on. All in all, it was worth the $10 I paid for it.

I purchased this item a year ago while looking for a wired headset. My phone does not have bluetooth, so was looking for a headset that was well designed and had great voice quality.



The design follows Sony's over-the-ear stereo headset design which I have found to be both comfortable and easy to use. The headset slips easily over the ear and the actual speaker fits snugly (though not uncomfortably) into your ear.



The sound quality from both the speaker and the microphone are excellent. I have another wired headset from Body Glove that sounds very tinny and faint. This headset is clear and sound very natural. I work in Sales and when I tell people that I am using a handsfree, they are surprised.



The headset uses the standard 2.5mm jack and which is pretty universal except for (ironically) the Sony Erickson line of phones. You can, however, buy a converter from most cell phone stores that will allow you to plug this device in.



Overall, I would have to give this headset a five star rating based on wear ability and voice quality both through the speaker and microphone. The only draw back is the cord which can't be helped if you do not have bluetooth. - Wired Headset - Handsfree - Hands Free - Corded Headset'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information