Friday 28 November 2008

Budfits - ipod, earphones


I hate that the normal iPod earbuds always fall-out while I'm doing any kind of moderate physical activity. After exploring my options with wrap around head phones, sound isolating ear phones (the kind that "plug" your ear canal), I can honestly say I was impressed that these seem to work the best for me. They clip right onto the back of your earbuds and they work like a charm. In bike rides, I have only ever had to adjust them due to my hand snagging the cord on its way to the water bottle than due to any jostling. In a half hour jog, they stay the course without fail, and just seem to work.



I do think you want to leave them on all the earbuds all the time. If you keep clipping them on and off, I can see you potentially running into trouble with the clip's ability to grip the speaker. EARBUDi Clips on and off Your Apple iPod® or iPhone® Earbuds - and Turns Them Into Running Headphones. Soft Over-The-Ear Design with Earbud Tilt & Rotation - Provide a Custom Comfortable Fit. EARBUDi's Simply Hold Your Apple Earbuds in Place for Any Activity From Gardening to Running.

If you plan on using these to run, don't waste your time or money. I was having trouble with my IPod earpieces falling out repeatedly so I tried these. The clips actually held the earpiece further from my eardrum and because they are not nearly form fitting to the ear (they basically just lay on top of your ear), as you start to run, the earpiece falls out almost immediately. Within the first tenth of a mile I knew it was a lost cause and disconnected the clips as I ran. At least they were cheap enough to chalk it up to an experiment gone bad.

I'm constantly listening to music through my iPod, and one of the most annoying things that happens with the Apple earbuds is that they easily slide out, especially at the gym when my ears are a little sweatier than normal and I'm moving vigourously. I personally find the original Apple earbuds to be excellent in terms of sound quality, so I didn't want to abandon them. I looked for Apple-brand earbuds designed with clips like some other known brands, but they didn't have any. I'm really glad I came across the Earbudi clips, they work very well! The design lets you wrap the clips around your ear nice and snug, and you can easily snap the Apple earbuds on and off. Great quality rubber too. Highly recommended.

My iPOD ear phones always fall out when I am running (or walking). I have the ear phones that come wiht the iPOD. It is very annoying. I saw the EARBUDi on Amazon and ordered one for my wife and one for myself. We love them!!!! First, it is very affordable...so just buy it. It is very easy to use, they are comfortable, and most importantly...now my hearphones stay in place....and I can listen to my music while I am excercizing. I plan to run a 1/2 marathon in a few weeks...and my EARBUDi will be going along for the ride!

Do not buy! This is just a warning. You may take it or leave it as you wish. However, when I first saw these I thought `"These will be great for working out'"... not true! The material that connected to the `speaker` portion of the headphones are very supple; thus they DO NOT have a firm grip on the ear bud! I re-adjusted them to see if I had not put enough pressure on the so they would `snap' into place but that was not the issue; they were not fabricated to `snap' onto your ear buds. Thus, the ensuing problem: I lost a clip somewhere. It just fell off some where after a workout and I am highly upset. Not only that; but the clips that are supposed to `hook' onto the back of your ears were way too flexible. I have had ear buds in the past that were of a little sturdier material and it was e-z for me to remove and then `re-hook' them onto my ears. However, these bend and `snag and pull' on your hair as you put them on or take off. They may work well for guys or people with short hair but not for long or medium hair. Maybe if you put some adhesive on them they won't fall off your ear bud .... But for $10 it should have been a better engineered product!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: I had a problem with the performance of the product. It is a good idea but it didn't work for me. I lost a clip after a few days of fumbling with it. I left feedback on product and the seller was excellent!! I received a HAND WRITTEN note expressing his concern over my dissatisfaction, a refund and a pair of clips. I intend to apply adhesive to these so I can continue to use the Apple headphones. This is the unexpected excellent service that is missing from companies today! I hope this company goes on & continue to treat their customers like people and not like faceless stats in their database. Thanks (Jordan or Gordon) -Handwritten notes have its limitations ;)!

Within an hour of using these clips they broke and it was from just taking them off my ear. One of the plastic rings snapped off and now I can't use it anymore. A total waste of my money. Also, for the hour that I did get to use them I noticed that they wiggle around so much that it doesn't hook onto your ear well at all. They fell off several times, thus defeating the purpose. - Earbuds - Earphones - Apple - Ipod'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • apple
  • ,
  • earbuds
  • ,
  • ipod
  • ,
  • earphones