Sunday 30 November 2008

Starter Sets - yoga mat, manduka yoga mat


This is the best yoga mat in town.

It is a sturdy rubber mat similar to industrial fatigue mats for hard floors.



The Black Mat pro is a perfect yoga mat.

A closed cell rubber, it is easy to keep clean and looks good too.

After a little break-in, the mat grip improves and is a pleasure for my Yoga practice.

The mat has a lifetime gurantee and you can't go wrong here.



The mat: Lays flat, nice grip, and won't fold under the weight of a real man.

I am over 6 feet tall and decided on this size vs. the huge 84 inch mat.

In a perfect world, another 3 inches would have nailed it. It's fine overall.

You do get extra width on both sizes and that is great for flow positions.

Since the mat is transported daily to the studio, I wanted some portability.

Women like it too.



Included here, a large Manduka MatSak. Nicely constructed, with large dual compartmens. There is also a zippered net compartment for keys, wallet etc.. The main bag area has plenty of room for the mat.

The 2nd main compartment can carry accessories or even a change of clothes.



A Natural cotton strap is of high quality along with a heavy duty buckle.

Woven for strength and comfort, this is a super strap.



Need a block? They even include a natural cork block. More top shelf quality.



A sweet set-up of pro level yoga gear, from the best name in Yoga equipment.

This is a nice value which should satisfy most yogis.



Namaste! Manduka Black Mat Pro Deluxe Yoga Package (Graphite, Thunder)

The Black Mat is a very high quality mat - I attend a minimum of five yoga classes/week, so this mat gets plenty of use. At the start, there is a finish that will make this mat very slippery with the least amount of sweat, but by lightly scrubbing the surface, and with regular use, the finish will wear off. The mat will still be slippery with lots of sweat, so if you perspire a lot (like I do) you will need to invest in mat towel.



Some people have had trouble with the zipper on the bag, but it has been trouble-free for me for seven months now. There is a second pocket that I can fit my strap and mat towel in.



The block is very useful. I'll use it after a long day of hunching over my computer at work by placing it between my shoulder blades and laying back with my arms over my head for a slight backbend. I did need to buy another to practice press-up handstands, but I got that one in a Gold Box deal!



The strap is great! Using it, I was able to teach myself to go into Eka Pada Rajakapotasana. Love this prop!



All-in-all this is a great deal on some very high-quality yoga gear.

I'm a yoga instructor & I have tried many, many yoga mats over the years. The Manduka Black Mat Pro is like the Cadillac of yoga mats, but generally with the price tag to go with it. I think it is phenomenal that Amazon offers this package! The mat is perfect, the bag is not only high-quality, but it looks great & is very useful with the additional side zipper to carry keys, mat cleaner, whatever! The block is super high quality, as is the strap. One of my favorite Amazon purchases ever!!

This is a great package. Manduka rarely goes on sale and will last forever, so it's an investment in your practice for a long time! I got this package super cheap when there must have been a freak pricing error, but even at the $121 I would have bought it.



The mat's extra 2" width makes it feel very stable. It will last forever. Remember to wipe it down prior to your first use so you get the stickiness right off the bat. I still use a yogitoes skidless on it for Ashtanga, but I sweat a lot. It feels great and it very supportive, way better than other decent mats I've had before. I can also do standing balancing poses on it even though it's 1/4" thick, which is great.



The bag is awesome. Well made though the zipper sticks a bit. It has two long, zippered pockets plus a stash pouch for keys, etc. So much better than the crazy-making cinch-top designs that pull on the rubber of the mat! I like the fig color ok.



I would recommend this package, though you might need two blocks to get started if you're doing lifts and/or restorative poses. Be sure you get the exact same ones if you do purchase another block!

How do you know the difference between a good company and a great one? The great ones are the ones that make good on their errors. My order was wrong and the correct items were lot available for weeks. I was pretty upset with the order but online fitness went above and beyond to make sure I was happy. I recommend them because everyone makes mistakes but not everyone admits it and does whatever they can to make the customer happy. - Yoga Mats - Yoga Mat - Manduka Yoga Mat - Starter Sets'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • yoga mat
  • ,
  • manduka yoga mat
  • ,
  • yoga mats
  • ,
  • starter sets