Friday 28 November 2008

Playstation 3


I wish there was some way for me to tell everyone about buying cables online. When I shopped around for cables to hook up my home theatre I was disgusted by the price retail stores such as Tweeter and Fry's were charging for this and other high end A/V cables. Some places had this conversion cable listed for $100. Its should be considered consumer fraud. But this cable works great and My Star Wars Movies never looked better! Cables Unlimited PCM-2296-06 HDMI to DVI D Cable, 6 feet

As an audio engineer, I understand the importance of good cables. I saw HDMI cables for over a hundred dollars, and I began to wonder why I should truly spend that much.



With other A/V equipment that I've hooked up, the signals have been (mostly) analog. Analog signals are prone to outside interference in a much more obvious way than digital, mainly because most digital signals (including DVI and HDMI) include some sort of error correction and/or signal reconstitution technology.



I spent MUCH less on this particular cable, and I have to say that I'm completely satisfied. The cable is short enough and shielded thickly enough that even my inexpensive TV is able to produce a clean, artifact-free image 100% of the time.

I record HDTV off the air onto my computer and had been viewing the recorded video using the standard S-Video output on my graphics card. I bought this cable to connect the graphics card's high definition DVI output to the HDMI input on my plasma TV to get better video quality. It dramatically improved the video quality of the video on my screen to HD quality.



I was somewhat skeptical that this would be so, given the fact that this item cost only $12 and I had seen them priced at $40 and up at electronics stores.



I am extremely pleased with this product.

Had this one for a while and i actually had my friend bring his monster cable just to compare. Il have you judge which one is which, and i bet you, you cannot even tell the difference at all. This does the job...Picture wise, its a monster. Superb picture! Then why the hell would you pay for a $100 dollar cable when you spent so much for the tv itself?? Settle for this one. You won't be disappointed.

I was hesitant to purchase this at first because some of the reviews stated the product did not work for "DVI output to HDMI input."



After researching this on google and writing the manufacturer, this cable does work for "DVI output to HDMI input."



I did have to reboot my HD cable box after attaching the cable because it displayed the error message "your HDTV does not support HDCP."



No noticeable difference between this cable and the component cables though (I just needed to free up a component input for my PS2).



$11.99 and does the job.

Great price and works as advertised. We use this cable with our SONY Bravia 40 inch HDTV and it works fine. We have used it to go from the TV to the Comcast cable box as well as from our Mac mini computer to the TV. There is no need to pay ten times as much for other name brand cables. Shipping was fast and we were happy with the entire purchase experience.

I am glad I did not buy the expensive Monster Cable, it would have been a waste of money. The only surprise was when I hooked it up to my cable box and the back of my tv, I got a picture, but no sound, called Cablevision, they could not figure it out, so I went to a cable forum on the internet and there was the answer, you still need the audio (RCA cables-red and white) for the audio. The cable is HDMI to DVI, for this you need the other cables described above. If both are HDMI, then the audio is is through the cable and you do not need the separate audio cables. But I was able to eliminate some cables. Not sure the picture is better than component, looks about the same.

Similar situation. Wanted to hook up DVI output from my PC's new video card to the HDMI slot on my new TV. I shopped online to get a better price for the video card, but figured I'd just drop by Fry's or Best Buy for the adapter cable. Both places were selling it for $100! At best Fry's had a shorter one for $80. I promptly ordered this one instead, and it's been working great.

I had the opportunity to put this up against the Monster version of this cable, and there wasn't any noticable difference, other than being 10X cheaper at the time. My conversion is HDMI from a Scientific Atlanta HD Cable Box to DVI-D on a Sony Plasma. No issues.



You should also know that you will also have to buy some audio cables, as DVI is a video 'only' cable.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Playstation 3 Playstation 3 Playstation 3