Tuesday 25 November 2008

Water Resistant - water resistant, watches


Excellent quality, weighs a bit heavy. Jomashop requires recipient's signature as a must and I was not able to get it from UPS center after I failed to meet UPS guy. So I had to stay at home to see the guy on the second day. This model may be the cheapest one in V.24112X models but the difference would be just the color of the watch panels. Victorinox Swiss Army Men's 241120 Chrono Classic Blue Dial Watch

The watch looks very stylish. It feels like it's very well-built. I only had it for a month, but the accuracy has been flawless to the second. The band is pretty easy to snap in and there is enough distance between each link not to catch your arm hairs. The hands on the dial are very reflective, so it's quick to tell the time with a short glance. Don't want to jinx myself, but I have a feeling this thing will last me for a long long time.



If I had to find one complaint, I guess it would be that the watch is heavy...but what do you expect from steel

This is a great everyday watch with a clean appearance and is easy to read. I purchased this watch to wear to work b/c some clients take the type of watch I wear into consideration in making a decision on accepting or declining a proposal (sad but true). My "pride & joy" is a Rolex Submariner model 16610 -- a true classic timepiece that is not overly flashy.. one in which I LOVE wearing. And my other watch is an all stainless steel Timex Chrono which doesn't look like a Timex until you read the name printed on the dial.



So in my quest to reach a happy medium b/w Timex & Rolex, this is the watch I chose. I wanted a watch that looked classy & sophistocated without someone else knowing how much I spent on it (on either end of the spectrum). I also considered Tissot & Tag but being nit-picky about appearances, I didn't like how Tissot puts the letter "T" on their second hand & at the time I couldn't find a Tag with a blue face that I found appealing. One could definitely argue that this is not the watch of watches but for a reason I can't explain, this one had the "it" factor.



One thing that is a huge disappointment for me is the crown is not the screws down type, which is why I rated it with 4 stars. Even my inexpensive $60 Timex has a screw down crown. I'm very disappointed that a watch that retails for $495 (although you can get this model for <$300 online) did not have that feature.



Pros: Nice styling; The blue color is REALLY cool looking; Comfortable to wear. Even though the crown is not the screw down type (VERY DISAPPOINTING), it does have "shoulders" above & below the crown. Swiss Made. Does not "tick" very loudly. Not overly shiny. Scratch resistant sapphire crystal.



Cons: NO SCREW DOWN CROWN!!! You may also want to be aware that the bezel is aluminum, not stainless. The band is nice however I'm a little nervous about the "deployment" clasp. I've previously owned a Movado that had a similar type clasp that didn't work worth a darn but this one has a latch & the Movado didn't. Hopefully this one will work better!

Received this as a Father's Day gift. The appearance is clean & neat. The face is a lighter blue than the images provided, which makes it subtle. It provides the owner with the ability to transition from office work to formal environments at an affordable price range. The weight is directly proportional to the steel construction - my expectation is that it will long outlast the warranty. Great compromise for the single watch owner.

I ordered this watch as a wedding present for my fiance. While the watch is still a beautiful piece, came package well by the Jomashop in what seems to be the original box, this IMAGE on the website is NOT the actual color that the watch comes in. The watches background was more of a grayish-blue, almost navy, while here it is much brighter. My fiance will probably still love it, but just be weary that the images for the products displayed might not be exactly what you get! - Water Resistant - Watches'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information