Friday 28 November 2008

Leather Journal - leather journal


I bought this notebook to replace a similar sized one I got from Levenger several years ago. This cover is less than half the price of the Levenger product and I like it lots better.



The Levenger notebook, while being more "finished", looked a bit artificial. This cover is clearly hand made and well made (in the US). There is no question that the leather is real, substantial, and that it will last a long time. Beyond that it is the kind of leather that gets better looking as it gets used.



My only suggestion is to consider replacing the composition book insert with a Moleskine Ruled Notebook Soft Cover XLarge or similar filler. You will need to do a little bit of trimming so the cover will fit in the slots that keep the insert in place. However it will fit and may be worth the effort and additional cost if you prefer that kind of paper. On the other hand, if you're OK with regular composition books then this notebook is perfect as delivered.



One additional thought, this is the same size, length and width, as my netbook. I've found that both will easily fit in the computer pocket of my Case Logic XNTM-3 Midsize eSling (Black). In fact, this would be a great way to carry this notebook along with a few pens, a phone/MP3 player and other odds and ends even if you don't have a netbook-sized computer to go with it.



BTW, I feel that honest, effective reviews can take the place of first-hand experiences that are lacking in online shopping. I've always appreciated the help I've received from other reviewers and work hard to return the favor as best as I can. I hope you found this review helpful and if there was anything you thought was lacking or unclear leave a comment and I'll do what I can to fix it. Refillable Genuine Leather Composition Notebook, Dark Brown

The picture is far off from what it actually looks like. Resembles just sheets of leather crudely put together with a thick piece of thread. I bought this and the pocket book as a gift for a friend who is working to become a journalist so I was a bit disappointed. I give it 4 stars because it still looks nice and does it's job of covering comp notebooks.

Beautiful supple leather.

The distressed look is much more organic than the shinier other leather notebook covers I found.

My husband loved it.



I would've given it 5 stars but the product bar code sticker on the cover was hard to remove. The adhesive was sticky and it took a while to get the tackiness off. It did eventually come off, but it was really annoying to have to deal with and they could should NOT put anything sticky on it that will be hard to take off or alter the texture or color of the leather.

I've recently started taking notes in paperback 'composition notebooks' to keep records that are important to me. (I'm not the only one, I see them everywhere now) I've been looking for a classy way to dress them up and protect them since I travel and attend my share of meetings and presentations. I wanted to add strength to the paperbacks too. (I've bent and smashed a few in my briefcase) I been using this dark brown notebook for 5 months and love it! It's extremely durable made of thick natural cowhide that appears to be hand stitched. Definitely not a cheap plastic or imitation leather. It has a smooth rustic oil finish that quickly shows the "worn" or "broken-in look" that I was looking for. I expect that this cover will last me for years and years and gain character with age. The inside lip makes a great place to store a few business cards and boarding passes too. Once I fill up the notebook, the refill fits perfectly inside and is concealed completely. This cover has a lot of personality and quickly became a part of me. I've noticed that I seem to take it with me everywhere and consequently take more notes and make more journal entries too. - Leather Journal'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • leather journal