Thursday 27 November 2008

Halloween - teen


This book was great! I was never bored once, the characters were interesting, there were lots of shocking events and the ending was great! I had questions about who the killer was... I didn't think it was very obvious. I liked it alot and I reccomend it to any reader who enjoys a teen horror novel. I think it would make an awesome movie! Halloween Party (Fear Street, No. 8)

This was one of the best books I have ever read. It was scary and at the same time, it was full of mystery. It kept you guessing until the very end and as always, R.L. Stine did a great job making you feel what the characters were feeling. I read the entire thing in one day and I just couldn't put it down. I would reccoment this book to anyone who enjoys a good scare.

if you really like mystery or horror or just like getting scared.this is the book for you. i think it is quite a page turner a real edge of your seat thriller.this book will keep you right on guessing till the end even I was surprised to find out WHO the killer was. this book is the best i diffently recomend you to read this one first if your a first time fear street reader.

My book is about a group of nine people invited to a HalloweenParty, this is the title of the book. They were invited by a girlthat never payed much attention to them. The girl's name was Justine. She put invitations to the party in everyone's locker at school. The invitations showed a picture of a coffin that said "reserved for you!" on the inside. All the people that received the invitations were puzzled. They didn't know why they were the only ones invited. Everyone asked if they could bring their dates, but Justine said no. The nine people were scared because the party was at a haunted house on Fear Street. It was known as the Cameron Mansion. People have been known to have vanished from there and people were also murdered there. Two people that knew Justine, wanted to go to the party. She said no. They were furious. During the party, people were hurt, and maybe even killed. Some people noticed that there was a killer running loose in the house! People started panicking, but didn't want to tell anyone because no one knew who the killer was. I liked this book because it was a mystery until the end. Also, I enjoy scary stories. The best part was when the lights went out during the party. As I was reading the book, I felt like I was at the party. Also, I felt like I was in the room when the fire was lit. At the end, when the story got scary, I felt scared too. I've read a lot of books written by R.L. Stine. I think this was the scariest one too. I'm planning on reading more. Did I keep you in suspense? If I did, then you will want to read the book to find out what happens next.

Mr.Stine wrote a wonderful book every young adult should read this book this is not only a wonderful book it is also a thrilling book and just in time for halloween Mr.Stine has never written a better book and futhermore every fear street book is wonderfully writen and scares alot out of you The idea of plot in this book is brillant and the best I recommend Mr.Stine to any young adult or adult who would like to read an exiting book!

Synopsis: Justine Cameron, the new transfer student to Shadyside High, and the most beautiful girl in school, is throwing an All Night Halloween Costume Party at the Cameron Mansion. She has invited Terry Ryan, Niki Meyer, Murphy Carter, Trisha McCormick, Ricky Schorr, Angela Martiner, Les Whittle, David Sommer and Alex Beale. What is so strange about that? Almost all (if not all) the guests don't know Justine really well, and cannot imagine why she invited them. Murphy asks Justine why she invited either a jock or a wimp or someone's girlfriend to her party. David, Murphy and Alex (who are considered the jock team) start daring the wimps (Terry, Ricky, Les, Trish) to see if they can survive the party for the whole Halloween night at the Cameron Mansion.



What starts off as a fun game of pranks soon turns out to be really ugly because Niki, who is Terry's girlfriend, used to date Alex, so the pranks become more serious and personal. Both the teams come up with their own plans to how to scare the other team before Justine's party. Someone puts a plucked chicken head on Terry's tennis racket. Niki, who has a hearing problem and is somewhat deaf, gets a note saying "You will wish you were blind too".



On the night of Halloween, everyone shows up in their costumes at the Cameron Mansion. They meet Justine's uncle, Philip, who Justine is living with. The party starts off nicely, but turns into horror as one by one, the guests go missing, and are found dead. At first, everyone thinks it is just a trick that one team is playing to scare the other team, but they soon realize that their lives are really in danger.



Could it be:

- One of the teams that are trying to scare the other?

- Bobby McCory and Marty Danforth, two of the biggest bullies in Shadyside High who are angry that they didn't get invited, that they actually tried to crash the party?



Can Terry figure out what is happening to the guests and who is responsible for trying to kill them, before it is too late?



Review: I thought that this was a great Fear Street book to read because it was very different from the others. Some aspects of the book were really terrifying, especially towards the end when Terry figures out that people's lives are in danger. I also enjoyed the snarky comments between Terry and Alex as they fight over Niki, because it was written very realistically and made me feel for Terry's character. The truth behind who is responsible for all the events is also shocking, and even though I somewhat guessed that it was probably that person, the reasons for doing what they did was a shock to me, because even though I was scared of the character, I also felt sorry for that person.



My only suggestion on how this book could have been better was if Stine had put more horror into the book and spent less time focusing on Alex-Terry-Niki relationship, and more time on the actual Halloween Party.



Overall, I enjoyed reading this book and thought that this was a very well written from some of the other Fear Street books that Stine has written. - Teen'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • teen