Tuesday 25 November 2008

Dell Inspiron Adapter - laptop power adapters, dell inspiron adapter


The Anker laptop charger works perfectly with our Inspiron 6400. After going through a few Dell branded replacements, we decided to go for something a little bit cheaper. The Anker brand charger from LaptopMate was really a no-brainer with a 1 year warranty as well as excellent return policy through LaptopMate. You can be sure that if the charger won't work with your laptop that LaptopMate will refund you for the item as well as the shipping!! Luckily the charger worked with our laptop but I knew that even if it didn't I would be able to get a full refund.



There are a few differences between this charger and the old Dell charger. First, the Anker charger has a small velcro strap that holds the cord from the charger to the laptop in place. The velcro strap should help eliminate a common problem with these types of chargers where the cord separates from the unit (which happened to our last Dell branded charger). There is no rubber strap included with the Anker brand charger like there is with the Dell charger; we just use the old one from the dell charger, but only for the power cord.



In all this charger charges the battery as well as powers the laptop; I noticed with other brands that reviewers mentioned that the unit would not charge the battery properly. I also wanted to mention that we initially had the 65W version of the dell charger and that this 90W version works perfectly with our laptop.



I won't ever be buying an overpriced Dell branded charger again! Anker New Laptop AC Adapter + Power Supply Cord for Dell Inspiron 9200 9300 9400, E1405 E1505 E1705, 1150 1521 1720 1721 5150 5160 6000 6400 8500 8600, Inspiron 300M 500M 505M 600M 640M 700M; Latitude E5400 E5500 E6400 E6500, D800 D810 D820 D830 100L X300, PP15S PP08L PP31L [19.5V 4.62A 90W 7.4*5.0mm]

While searching for a replacement power supply for a Dell Inspiron 1521, I read a boatload of reviews on *A LOT* of different units and there are plenty of bad reviews out there. That surprised me because this is just your basic low-tech commodity type of product. The actual Dell branded product seemed to have some of the worst reviews and frustrated customers right on the Dell web site. Most of the complaints I saw fell into the "did not work" or "did not last" category with at least one complaint about a (non-Dell) power supply damaging the laptop because the electrical polarity was reversed. So this was pretty much a crap-shoot for me. From what I could tell, the vendor and the product seemed to be worth the risk and the price was low enough that I could just toss it if I needed to. Well, it looks like I guessed right because it arrived a day early and it works like a champ. It's a 90 watt unit so it charges up the battery pretty quick. Now, if it just holds up for a while without dying, I'll be tickled. I say "go for it".

I bought this charger because of the reviews and have been very satisfied. Most impressive to me was a note I received with the charger. It said that a few chargers in a thousand may fail, but their service never would. If I ever have a problem, they will make it right. No qualifications, just a guarantee of satisfaction. I like that idea a lot, and I feel secure that I will be happy with this item

I'll be upfront: I go through power supplies like tissues. After having my laptop for just over 4 years I have been through 4 of them. Being a big original equipment person, I always paid the extra cash to get, what I thought was, the superior product. And watched 4 power supplies come and go. Finally I wised up and after seeing the positive reviews for this power supply I decided I'd try it. I am very pleased that I did. It's half the price of the cheapest OE Dell power supply I bought and has been doing great. The body is solid and no problem with loose wires at the exit ports. Also, I was a bit apprehensive when I saw that some reviewers complained about the shortness of the cords...I'm not sure what they were used too, but this baby provides at least 6 inches more length than any OE model I've ever used.



Going on a month of service I can report that it recharges my battery quickly and have had no problems electronically. The only thing to report in the negative is that it gets hot. Not dangerously so, but you sure don't want to be snuggling up to it. I find that if I keep it off the carpeting and on a hard surface (or a nearby book) it does a much better job of staying cool. Other than that very minor problem I have nothing but good things to say. Great power supply and incredible price.

No problem whatsoever with this product. I have an Inspiron E1705 and this charger is as good or better than the original and a lot cheaper than ordering a replacement from Dell. Original frayed at the lead into the computer.

The power supply worked as expect. Seems solid and a little more well built then the other OEM Power Supplies I've ordered. So fairly happy with this purchase. What impressed me the most was the packaging. This product comes in a very nice box. Well sealed with an instruction manual. That far exceeded my expectation for an low cost, OEM power supply. It makes feel like I ordered a retail replacement part. - Dell Inspiron Adapter - Power Adapter - Laptop Power Adapters - Dell Inspiron'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information