Friday 28 November 2008

Ishuffle Ac Charger - ipod, charger


This power adaptor comes with an USB dock cable, all for about 1/3 of what you pay for both items from Apple. It works flawlessly and appear solid, of good quality. Beware of cheaper priced items from marketplace sellers. They are not the same thing! I threw one away, it looked so cheap, I was afraid to use it, and ordered this one instead. Sonnet Technologies USB Wall Charger with USB-to-Dock Cable for iPod (White)

I have a 30gig viveo and my wife has a new shuffel. This product works well with both. The usb port is compatable with all Ipods. Charges 30gig from dead to full in 1.5 hrs, shuffel around 1 hr. A "must have" accessory if you dont want to babysit your computer while your Ipod charges!

I purchased the Sonnet USB Power Adapter for iPod model # IPOD-AC-CHG-W.

I have an iPod 4G 3rd Generation Ipod Nano. I had to contact Sonnet tech support because initially I plugged my iPod Nano into the charger and got a green light, but there was no indication that it was charging. I spoke with Tech support at Sonnet and they told me that 3rd generation Ipod Nano users must use the included small usb adapter. So you plug the adapter into the usb port of the wall charger then you attach your Ipod USB cable to the adapter, then attach the Ipod. I found that the long cable that comes with the adapter does not fit as easily as the one that comes with your Ipod (long white USB cable), so I therefore recommend you use the original one that came with your ipod. Once you have it all set up, you will see a red light indicator on the charger. My Ipod displayed "Charged" message when complete, but the light remained red.

The cable could (and should) be about 2 feet longer. It's too short and it's difficult to connect to a ground electrical outlet and still be able to place the Ipod in your night-table. Apart from that, it does the job well.

I bought several of these and they basically work well. They are nice and compact and certainly do the job. They have a green light on them that turns red when the iPod is plugged in. On some of them the light would stay green when you attached the iPod and never turn red. I don't know if this is indicative of a problem, but they seemed to keep charging even when it was still green.

If I only needed one for home I might buy something better. A much better one is only going to cost a few bucks more. But for casual use these are probably fine.

Worked fine for charging on US 100 voltage. But when I took it on a European vacation, after a few charges on 220 voltage, the light turned red and it would not charge anymore. Testing back in the US with alternate cords and different iPods confirmed the charger doesn't work when connected to an iPod. Disappointing.

I bought this item because I didn't feel like spending the extra money for an Apple charger or buying a really cheap product, so this seemed like a good compromise. I chose this one because of the overall positive reviews that it received. It worked great for about a month and I was able to charge my Ipod Video maybe 5 times, and then it just suddenly burned out. When I plug it in now, the light doesn't come on and the Ipod doesn't recognize that it is connected at all, and the charging indicator on the Ipod doesn't come on either. I checked the USB cable that came with it and it seems to be fine (for now), so at least I got an extra USB cable for my $10. Maybe I was just unlucky, but after my experience, I would recommend spending the extra money and buying a genuine Apple charger unless you can find a cheaper product that is definitely reliable, such as one from another brand name company. This way, you can also guarantee that your Ipod won't be damaged by some cheap charger (thankfully mine wasn't). - Ipod - Chargers - Ipod Accessories - Charger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information