Saturday 29 November 2008

Fein Multi Master Attachments - e-blade, fein


I use the Fein Multimaster almost daily in my contracting business, and have found it to be one of the most useful tools on my truck. I use it primarily for cutting out areas of wood rot, and it does this with almost surgical precision! In my opinion, the Universal E Cut blades are a significant improvement over the other E Cut blades that have a Japanese saw tooth pattern. The tooth pattern on the Universal Blade looks similar to a hacksaw blade, but even with the smaller teeth it seems to cut through wood more quickly than the larger Japanese pattern. The Universal Blades are also less expensive, and will cut through nails you encounter with ease. The other more expensive E Cut blades shatter when you are unlucky enough to encounter a nail, brick or concrete surface. I would like to see Fein offer some wider versions of this superior blade design, and re-evaluate their pricing strategy for all of their blades. Fein 6-35-02-151-02-0 1-1/8-Inch Universal E-Cut Blade, 3 Pack

Several reviews complain about the exorbitant cost of the blades for the Fein Multimaster. I compleatly agree with this. My solution was to start making my own. I bought a replacement dozuki blade, cut it in to three sections, welded each section to a piece of 16 gauge metal in which I had drilled the proper mounting hole. This week I was doing tile work so I bought a tungsten carbide hacksaw blade, cut off a couple inches and welded this piece of 16 gauge. These blades work Great! and at a small fraction of the cost Fein expects to get.

The Fein machine is the most versatile tool I have. The blades I purchased for it do what they claim to do--cut right through wood, laminates, drywall, and light metals. I wiuld have given them a five-star rating, but the pricing on these blades held me back. Great tool, but Fein has to do something about the cost of the blades.

These blades work great for making cuts where no other tool can go. They produce a very clean edge in wood an can go through a nail if you find one hidden in the wood. The ability to plunge straight into the work in a controlled manner is great. A bit pricey, but worth the money when you would otherwise be stuck in a tight corner.

As a remodeler and handyman, this producet can save countless hours of labor. It cuts through wood and hidden nails, screws and staples. Cutting out interior panels and hardware in built-in cabinets is made possible by by these unique blades. My only gripe, and it's a big one, is the price--$75 for 3 blades. I've learned to be very careful not to use them when another tool will do the job. Even though they are made to cut through metal, striking a relatively thick nail, screw or bolt will ruin the blade very quickly. So if what you're cutting is easy to get to, use your sawzall.

These blades are amazing. I highly recommend this tool and especially these blades. The multimaster is the most universal remodeling tool I have ever used. The only complaint is the cost of the blades. They cut wood with ease but be cautious with metals. If you force the cut and don't let it cut at its own speed you will damage the blade. - E-blade - Multimaster - Fein - Fein Multi Master Attachments'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • multimaster
  • ,
  • fein multi master attachments
  • ,
  • fein
  • ,
  • e-blade