Wednesday 26 November 2008

Defectivebydesi - ipad accessory, apple ipad


I ordered this case the day after I received my iPad. I got the case in the mail today and I must say that I'm very dissatisfied. First and foremost the case does not fit well at all. I believe that whoever designed it did not account for the contoured back of the iPad, and therefore when the case is put on, the front sides pull back away from the screen leaving a quarter inch gap on all four sides. The corners fit well, and the buttons are all well protected, but the portion that fits over the black border on the front sticks up and dust or debris will definitely get caught underneath.



Second, the picture shows a cutout on the back where the Apple logo would show through. The case I received does not have that cutout. Had the cutout been there the case might fit better as it wouldn't have to stretch as much to cover the contoured back of the iPad.



Third is the fact that this thing smells really bad! I've purchased vinyl products before that had an odor, but this one is terrible. I had it sitting in the other room and when a breeze came through the house I could distinctly smell the funky rubber smell.



Do yourself a favor and purchase a different case. The price may seem right, but it is a really good example of "you get what you pay for"...

I love the "feel" of this gel skin, but the front is too loose. They made the frame large enough to slip in the iPad, but in doing so, the frame around the touch screen is too loose. I can imagine that large amounts of debris will get stuck in between the skin and the screen. And every time you take the skin off to remove debris, the front will get more loose!



---



After looking at the photo again, I see that the gel skin frame is much wider in the actual product than what is shown in the photo. A narrower frame may result in less of the "looseness" that I'm experiencing.



I have trimmed the 3/4" frame back to 1/4" - more like what it looks like in the product picture. I'm MORE satisfied than I was with it originally, so have upped my rating to two stars.



This gel skin protects the back and sides and has a nice feel to it. The controls are accessible either through holes or by working through the gel. This skin is a reasonable TEMPORARY solution at a reasonable price.

The fit is loose at best. Mine did have the cutout for the logo in back. The smell is awful it stinks so bad like some sort of turpentine or paint thinner.

Highly dissatisfied with the product and the Customer service is poor and slow to get back.

I've read the other (mostly negative) reviews, and I don't seem to have any of those problems. Mine fits nice, smells fine, has the cutout on the back, the holes are where they should be, and it doesn't seem to weigh much. Maybe they have quality control problems, but for me it was fine. I don't see how a soft gel skin could fit much tighter. I like that I can easily remove it and put it back on. No flaws for me, so I'm giving it 5 stars.

As previous noted by others, the skin does not fit tight on the Ipad, though it does serves it purpose. I rather try this product 1st then drop $40 for what I thought was the same item at the Apple store. So the product is fine. I'm giving it only 3 stars because of one big flaw, the WEIGHT! The skin Plus the IPad feels substantially heavier. Holding the Ipad now feels awkward, so I'm forgoing the skin protection for now and will look at another alternative, keeping the weight of the item in mind.

Must agree, sloppy fit. If it were free, I would not use it.



Save your money, and buy the polycarbon one from [...]. It is $19.99 and fits very nice and gives a secure feeling when holding the iPad. Those of you that have an iPad know what I mean. It is very slippery to hold. My Daughter was afraid to hold it when I gave it to her to look at some pictures. It's just slippery and very smooth.



If you buy this case, be patient putting it on. Put the side with the volume control on first, then slowly and carefully do the other side. Like I said, it fits very well, thus not sloppy and easy to just slide on. Once on, it will stay on.



Putting this case on does not mean you can drop the iPad. It is not a guarantee against damage, rather, it gives you a more secure hold and does not look like a cheesy add on that takes away from the sleek design of the iPad.



This case is like the Cozip poly case for the iPhone. Excellent fit and grip. I have had it on my 3G iPhone and love it. Cozip does not make a poly case for the iPad.

I recently got an iPad and realized it needed protection from getting knocked around in daily use. I was torn between a leather case and a skin. So, because of the low price of this skin, I got both. I'm glad I did. The leather case is great for providing full protection when traveling, but is kind of clunky. So, around the house, the iPad wears this gel skin. It provides full access without being obtrusive and protects the iPad from hard knocks and keeps it from skidding on slick table tops. I feel a lot safer when the grandkids come over and want to play with the iPad.



Don't be fooled by the low price. This is a quality product. - Apple Ipad - Ipad Screen Protector - Ipad Accessory - Ipad'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • ipad
  • ,
  • apple ipad
  • ,
  • ipad screen protector
  • ,
  • ipad accessory