Tuesday 28 September 2010

Biggest Loser - kettlebell, weight loss


I am loving this contoured kettlebell, for a couple of reasons: 1) it makes doing moves like cleans and presses so much more comfortable. 2) the contoured shape makes the bell much easier to grip with sweaty hands when doing halos or lunges when you're holding the bell in front of you.



The beginner video that comes with it is great as well. If you've never done any of Bob's other workout videos, it gives you a really good feel for his non-Biggest Loser style, which I think is great. The people in his videos actually sweat and exert effort, they're not just skinny and pretty, but are some seriously fit women. I also enjoy the non-club-type music, basic sets and his straightforward, no sissying around approach.



I work out quite a bit, I've run a few half marathons (currently training for another) and lift weights and do yoga several times a week. The first couple of times I did the beginner workout included with the bell, I was SORE. But in a good kind of you-know-you-worked-it way. Perfect length and level of difficulty for the beginner to novice. I tried one of his longer kettlebell DVD's this morning (Sculpt) and loved that as well. GoFit Contoured Single Vinyl Coated Kettlebell With Bob Harper Training Dvd (Yellow, 10Lb)

I was very out of shape so the video was tough for me, couldn't do all of it and couldn't do every move, but that's what I was looking for. The evening after my first workout my glutes and back of my thighs were so sore I just knew this was going to be a very effective workout for my more needful areas. Working with the kettlebell is totally different than using regular barbells. I highly recommend the Bob Harpers Contoured Kettlebell and the dvd that comes with it. It's a cardio workout integrating the contoured kettlebell.

I love the contoured kettlebell for its shape! It's easier to manipulate than other kettlebells and is a great tool for increasing strength and stamina. The DVD is helpful for introducing proper form and safety, but will not last you long. I found myself only using the DVD twice and then I moved on to other workouts with more variety and increasing difficulty.

I love the contoured kettlebell, before I was using a adjustable weigh one and it left me with bruises all over my forearms, this one is much more easy to use and comfortable when resting on my arms. Challenging workout too!

Am new to KBs, but after hefting a few at the store, chose the contoured bells in several sizes. My hands are quite small, and the contour makes them easy for me to grasp. Found the instructions on the DVD lacking, not enough warm up/joint loosening before and after for me, but ok as an intro. If you want a DVD on KBs, go to Lauren Brooks. As for the contoured KBs, I highly recommend.

I've purchased 4 contoured bells at different weights: 10, 15, 20 and 25lbs. and the quality of the handles are poor to say the least. One arrived with a large crack in the handle on the lower portion of the horn ( I kept it but really should have returned it) and the latest one (20lb) arrived with such a bad handle that I had to shave it down with a dremel for half and hour just so that it would not shred my hands (large sharp bumps plus it contains extremely uneven ridges. The quality really sucks and I am really disappointed but I love the concept of them being contoured which is the reason why I can't give the product a one star rating. There is just no way that I can do these on a daily basis without using gloves (yes I have a ton of calluses and expect them but I'm talking "cutting" the hands). I think this is the end of the road with contoured bells from GoFit. Also in the back of my mind when I look at all of the air pockets that show underneath the vinyl is the thought that these come from China and I wonder how much filler and lead are contained in these bells.

This was my first kettlebell and it seems like a well constructed one. I like the design and the vinyl coating. I can recommended the kettlebell and would buy one again. The DVD is a good start for a beginner like myself, but it isn't really a workout you'll want to do over and over. Bob Harper takes time to explain each move, and once you've seen the video once you don't really need all that instruction. I believe the purpose of the DVD was just to show you proper form, but you are still left having to devise your own workout routine. The DVD also doesn't show you that many movements, it mainly focuses on the swing.

I bought a 10lb Kettle Bell at Big 5 Sporting Goods but I like the one that comes with Bob Harper's DVD (same price but no DVD). One, the flat bottom helps it stay put between moves and somehow it "flows" differently than my other one (maybe the shape??). The DVD, OH MY GOD, get ready!!!! I didn't think much about a 30 min workout, until I could only get through 10 mins the first time. I had a serious decompression surgery (Chiari Malformation) a while ago, and I noticed the exercises, though I can't do all, really help with my hand, arm & overall strength. I wish I'd known about Kettle Bells before I bought a Medicine Ball for my physical therapy................

Really enjoying Bob Harper's 30 min. kettlebell workout. It's easy to do & offers quick results. I recently injured my knee & was concerned about whether I could do this workout, but I have no problems. I can only do about half the workout, and definitely have gained tone & strength. I thought the 10 lb bell would be too light at first, but am happy that I started with that weight. I really feel it the next day!

Just received this yesterday and did the instructional video that comes with it. The kettlebell seems to be very well made and the design of it is very smart. I also enjoyed Bob's dvd and found it somewhat useful. - Jillian Michaels - Biggest Loser - Kettlebell - Weight Loss'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information