Monday 27 September 2010

T-mobile Sidekick - tmobile, unlocked cell phones


I bought this unlocked sidekick fully aware that the internet and picture messaging were not going to work. I just bought this phone to talk and text. I popped my sim card in and it worked. The phone looks cool and the swivel screen is the sidekick signature. I have at&t and the voice calls were pretty clear. Glad with my purchase. I recommend for anyone wanting a phone to talk and text. If you are looking to use it for internet then this might not be the phone for you. Sidekick LX 2009 PV300 Unlocked Phone with 3G, GPS and QWERTY Keyboard--U.S. Version (Carbon Gray)

Great phone and came with everything listed.



Just take note that when you are using the option "Phone & Text" you cannot



-Have a passworded keyguard

-Access internet

-Send or receive pic messages

-If phone crashes or battery yanked out, contacts and text messages saved to phone

will be erased.





Specifically with AT&T



-If you yank out battery or phone crashes/turns off in any abnormal way, your sim card phonebook

may get erased however do not panic, turn off the phone and then turn it on again and the contacts

SHOULD recover. I highly recommend getting a back up sim with all your contacts on it just in case.





Besides those few issues, it's a great and beautiful phone and is quick to text. I love it and

can easily tolerate the issues. The calls are surprisingly clear (speakerphone is however very quiet)



Battery lasts a good two days with consistent texting.

I bought this phone for my teen-daugther, before Christmas, it's still working perfectly and she is very happy with this...............

I received the phone very fast and it has all the accesories..........Great purchase!!!

Got my phone in 2 days. Came in simply perfect state. I can't describe how happy I am with my purchase; everything was smooth and hassle free. Couldn't ask for more!

If you're thinking about buying this item but are hesitating, don't doubt it. I didn't, and I don't regret it. Everything was so good. Awesome seller! If I could, I would give them 10 stars.

I am happy that I got the phone its in great condition and came a day before the delivery estimate. It worked fine from the start and I love!! The only thing I'm a bit mad about is that the micro sd card wasn't included when it shows that it does clearly on the box. I'm wondering if the OEM shop took it out or.....All in all, great product I would buy from them anytime.

the seller got the phone to me very fast which i was pleased about. Everything arrived in perfect condition. I didn't get the 1G sd card like everyone else but its all good. The keys are a little stiff but will loosen up with time im sure.

I am using it on at&t and it actually gets better signal that my native at&t phone the Captivate. since its with at&t all this phone can do is text and call, which is does excellently. i leave the apps and camera and everything else up to my captivate.

the sidekick has great battery life if you're using it with an at&t sim card since all it has to do is receive phone calls and texts, not web data of any kind. I have at least half of the battery left at the end of the day with constant texting.

I purchased this phone as a secondary device to my Blackberry 9700 and I am enjoying using the phone. I have tmobile service already so I called them to see about getting the sidekick data plan. They told me that it was possible to have the service but I would have to break my blackberry contract and that would be a cost of $200 for an ETF. I decided not to go that route and will just use the phone as a text, mms, and phone call device. I see a few people said that they were not able to send and receive picture/video messages on the sidekicks because they have no data but I was able to do so with no issues even if I cannot go to a webpage on the phone. I think that the design and aesthetics of the phone is very appealing and I am glad I purchased. The phone looked brand new when I opened the package. I had the phone (no scratches), an operators manual, battery, data wire, earphones as well as a carrying pouch. I could not have asked for anything more and I will gladly do more business with this company if all of their interactions are this professional.



**Edit 5/26/11



I am reviewing the plan mainly because there is nothing wrong with the phone but a lot of mystique seems to be surrounding the infamous Sidekick service not being in effect any longer. So I finally got my phone 100% activated on a new prepaid phone number so I wouldn't have to keep changing my sim card back and forth with my blackberry when I want to use this phone. I called tech support and with the change of the APN in the system I have full 100% use of my device. I have my Facebook and twitter apps going and emails coming to the phone. I think the issues that come in to place with not having data on the phone is when you are using a sim card that is not Tmobile. As long as you are on the network and the service can be verified then you should have no issues with data being switched on at the 3G level. Otherwise, this phone works fantastic. The only gripe I have is that the battery power tends to drop a little more than I would like. It loses power now because I am always playing with the data on it, however before I hooked the phone up I charged it completely and never used it but when I tried to use it about three days later it was completely dead which means standby is incredibly low. Just something to consider. Otherwise there are no other issues with my device, I am completely satisfied.



**Edit 6/2/11



Okay, so it looks like the data is, indeed, gone from this device, never to return. With the data gone this phone is still a nice device to use, so the phone does not lose any stars but I am questioning Tmobile's motive in cutting off such a mass amount of their customers. If you are not into any data features then this is a nice device to use. If you are an internet creature, like myself, please look elsewhere. I am on to the Androids! - Tmobile - Unlocked Phones - Unlocked Cell Phones - Cell Phone'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information