Monday 27 September 2010

Cheap Headphones - sport headphones, earhook


I purchased these after my SONY MDR-J10 sport headphones finally gave out. As soon as I put these on I noticed the headphones fit much better in my ears than the Sony's did. Second the earpiece loop is flexible and soft. The best feature is the ear loops are adjustable and have 3 settings which allow you to cinch the ear loops downward to keep the earpieces secure. Third the cord is of ample length. Now I plugged them into my Zune HD and turned on some Nin Inch Nails (good to test highs, mids, and lows). Highs are great, the Mids are a bit hollow but good for sport headphones, and the lows are also a bit lacking but far better than my Sony's were. Next test was a 1 hour circuit training workout at the gym. Through all the exercises, which included barbells, jumping, pull ups, etc these things stayed really secure. With my old Sony's I was always having to push them back in. Another great surprise was how well they isolate background noise. My Gym always plays terrible music and I always had to have the headphones cranked to block it out. I can lower the volume on my Zune from 26 to 20 with these. I love these headphones! ( I run too but just haven't done that test yet, but I bet the will pass with flying colors). JVC HAEB75B Sports Clip Headphone (Black)

I bought these to replace my ear bud headphones (they were great, but I was sick of them coming loose from my ear while running). These were wonderful. I ran a 5k with them in and didn't have to adjust them even once. The adjustable hook is SPLENDID.

I bought these after the $50 Sennheiser unit I'd bought broke. The JVC's stay put, don't hurt, and sound good. During a couple of hour-long sessions (one hiking, one gardening) they never budged. At the sub $15 price they're an amazing deal!

I bought these for my husband to use during his sweaty gym workouts. He said they don't always stay in his ears while he's running, but they have great sound and are putting up with his sweaty ears for now. Recommended earphones for a very reasonable price.

I have struggled to find sport headphones that stay in my ears. These are NOT it! They fell out almost the moment that I began running. They would be great if you were pretty sedentary. They should be advertised as such instead of "sport" headphones. The sound isn't bad, but then you need to be sitting down. Waste of money.

AFter using a lot of other headphones for the gym, these are the ones I will be sticking with. The are much more comfortable than other earpiece type phones I have used. They are very quiet if you take them on a airplane or bus--no one will hear what you are listening to. (I got a pair for my son to use when he's in the car with us). I listen to mostly podcasts but music from my ipod sounds perfectly nice. They sit outside the ear so they can't fall out but they have a very nice intimate sound quality. I used to use some much nicer Sennhaisers and they sounded great but couldn't handle the banging around of gym use. Then I used a couple in ear types from Phillips and Brookstone but I couldn't get them to stay in consistently. And now, these ones are just right. They are easy to get on and off, have a nice easy cord to deal with that is plenty long. And then there is the price--they are just a great deal. If you need a lot better sound quality at the gym, these will probably not be for you, but if you just want to be able to hear it well and not hear a lot of what is around you, you can't do any better than these for the money. My only real complaint is with Amazon-not sure why the blue ones are not available from Amazon Prime like the black ones. I have the blue and they look pretty sharp.

The headphones tend to dig into my ears with long usage time. However for usage during running,

it work quite well. So if ur expectation is a good sports headphone. This is for you. Will never fall

off your ears I can guarantee that.

These are a good basic set of earphones for the price.



Pros: Over-the-ear clips - I like this because they don't fall out when you get active; adjustable ear clips; Good solid construction; comfortable; Clear sound.



Cons: Bass quality isn't that great. I was hoping that with this design they would let me feel a little bit of the boom but I'm really not getting that. I'm coming to the conclusion that for really decent bass you need a good set of in-ear phones that seal well (but then I kind of worry about the effects on hearing).



Overall a decent set of phones - I do use them quite a bit, especially when I need something that's built solidly.

Very rarely do I feel compelled to review an item out of the package. But I could not wait to review these headphones from JVC. I got them in just a couple of days from LiveSpan.



These come in different colors. I selected the blue and they looked even better than what I saw on my laptop monitor. They are deep blue metallic, almost a purple.



The first thing that I noticed is the soft rubber ear loop. I have tried other "sport" headphones, but gave up on them after one wearing because they made my ears sore. Admittedly, my ears are bigger than some. The great thing about these JVC headphones is that by design, they appear that they will fit any size ear. If only I could find a bluetooth with an earpiece this comfortable.



I am no audiophile, but they sound great to me siting here in my office listening to one of PodRunner Podcasts. I expect that they will do the job just fine at the gym or on a run. - Earhook - Uncomfortable - Running Headphones - Sport Headphones'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information