Monday 27 September 2010

Inexpensive Mechanical Pencils - bic, drafting


I bought this as a filler to get the free shipping. My first .9mm pencil, i must say its a fine pencil, tough to break and good for filling in bubbles.

Its high quality. If you press hard the lead wont go back in, so it holds strong unlike some other cheap mechanicals. Theres a cap for the eraser making it look like a pen. BIC Velocity Mechanical Pencil, Refillable, Thick Point (0.9 mm), 12 Pencils

I love these pencils. My kids must too, cause they keep disappearing from my desk! They have 0.9 lead, which means I don't break the lead all the time. They write smoothly, and don't "catch" on the paper. Nice grip, too. If I can help it, I won't use anything else.

I have found that this pencil is the best pencil that i have ever used! The 0.9 mm lead is tough and strong, so it does not break unless you put a lot of force onto it. I write hard, so this pencil has come to my liking, because the lead is hard to break.The soft grip relieves pressure on my fingertips, and the eraser comes with a cap on it, so nobody will see all of those dirty black marks from erasing, and the pencil looks nice and clean.This pencil lets you have the ultimate writing experience!

Over the years I have used literally hundreds of different mechanical pencils. These things have been around for years and years (actually, their history is pretty interesting), and new ones seem to pop up every year; always better than the old ones; or so they say.



Well, I still use a lot of these things even though I prefer wooden pencils. Of all the newer mechanical pencils, I have found this Bick Velocity to met my needs better than the rest. I recently started using them and have been extremely satisfied.



I use these primarily for note taking while playing on the computer, reading or watching movies. I have found that with even my heavy hand that I get fewer lead breaks with these pencils than with others. These pencils are like writing with a number 2 wooden pencil and they go on quite smoothly. The metal extra tip gives them the increased support so that you do not have the breakage that you find with so many writing instruments of this sort.



They have a very comfortable grip, the lead is easily extended or retracted and the eraser works quite well. While the cost here on Amazon is a bit harsh, this should not distract from the pencil itself as they can be bought at most discount and office supply stores.



For a general use, workhorse type mechanical, I certainly have not complaints about this one.

I really like the thicker lead since I tend to write with more pressure. The lead hasn't snapped on my yet and I've been using it every day for about a month now. It does get confused for a pen quite frequently though!

I read the reviews before I purchased this. Biggest complaint has always been the lead breaking easily. This is like using a no 2 pencil. Thick lead even though it says 0.9. Writes like a number 2 pencil without the sharp point you get when you sharpen it. But it doesn't break every time you apply a little pressure when you write. Grandson who is 11 likes it because it didn't break on him. I write myself little notes while on the computer with scratch paper. The paper gets oil on it from your hands when you tear it to make the scratch pads. Most of the cheap ink pens won't write on it. This pencil keeps writing and not breaking. My constant companion when on the computer and internet. Pencil is a decent size for someone with arthritis. Bigger than a pencil but not fat like one you would use with arthritis. Lead advances without falling out or breaking. - Mechanical Pencil - 0 9 Mm - Drafting - Bic'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information