Sunday 26 September 2010

Coffeemaker - espresso, coffeemaker


The instructions do not tell you exactly when the coffee is done and when to turn off the heat. The plastic parts melted the first time I used it. I am a do-it-yourself type, so I bought a metal knob and some flat aluminum to fashion a new handle. Now it is better than new. It makes great espresso, but the instructions are little help. What the instructions should say is when the top fills with espresso and steam stops coming out of the spout, it's time to turn off the heat. It was well worth the discount price I paid. However, in hindsight, I would not buy one with plastic parts.



Imusa Espresso Coffeemaker, 6 cup

My sister-in-law lives in Austria and is always talking about how weak American coffee tastes to her. I tend to prefer a European-style coffee myself, so did some checking to find out what kind of coffeemaker is most commonly used there. This style seemed to be the one that came up most often.



I ordered this coffeemaker wondering how I'd feel about aluminum once I got it. I had my doubts but went ahead based on the strength of the reviews.



The first 3 pots weren't horrible, but I was glad I'd been warned (through the reviews) that the first few pots wouldn't taste the greatest. Pot #4, and following, have been delicious!



My favorite way to drink this type of espresso is Americano-style. It makes a very robust, yet smooth, cup of coffee this way. I'm able to pour the contents of the coffeemaker into a thermal carafe, add hot water to fill and serve full-flavored coffee to my husband and myself.



Sometimes I do choose to make cappuccino or a macchiato with the full-strength coffee I get from this pot. While it doesn't taste quite as "nutty" as the espresso I used to make with my electric espresso machine, it's still a good cup.



For BEST results, I would recommend that one use a good, dark, espresso-roast coffee, but I've also gotten good results with well-roasted flavored coffees if I'm making Americano-style. The flavored coffees come out with more of the flavor noticeable than when I use other methods of brewing them.



A drawback, which is true of all "mochi-style" coffeemakers is that you can't vary the amount of coffee you make... unless you have more than one of these coffeemakers in different sizes. Thanks to other reviews here at Amazon, I knew that going in so I haven't been disappointed.



I have no problem recommending this coffeemaker to anyone who simply wants a good every-day way to make full-flavored coffee with little or no bitterness. If you're looking for espresso that tastes exactly like what you get in a coffee-bar, you may be disappointed. It's good espresso, but it doesn't taste exactly like what you get from a machine. Again, I already knew that from the reviews so I wasn't disappointed.

I received this item as a gift and I am extremely pleased with it. Some other reviewers complained of poor instructions or melted handles. Perhaps the manufacturer has made some changes as my espresso maker did come with instructions that made it very simple to use. They specifically state that one should keep the handle positioned so that it is not directly over the burner. I have had many, many cups of espresso in the last week without any problems. The size is perfect for two people to enjoy some delicious espresso and cleaning is so easy. I think this product is fantastic for the price, especially if you are mindful of the plastic handle and keep it away from the direct flame.

I'm drinking a mocha I made with this expresso coffeemaker as I type. It is delicious.



I read the reviews before mine, but I wasn't worried about the handle issue since I have an electric stove. Handle has been totally fine, but just in case I do position the coffeemaker with the handle on the side of the burner, not directly over the heat. The first time I didn't screw the top on completely tight enough, so I got a few drips of water come out while boiling, but no big deal. Hasn't happened since then because I am screwing it on completely tight.



I have been going to starbucks and other local coffeeshops almost daily to get mochas, and I know that is a super expensive habit. So, I am trying to break myself but I just can't seem to enjoy the plain coffee made with my french press. I am a cheap grad student, so I don't want to fork out tons of money, and I also wasn't sure I'd keep to my plan of making coffee instead of buying it. So, I forked out $10 for this guy from amazon, and 5-mochas-in-3-days later, this thing has already paid for itself a couple of times.



I'm still perfecting it, but that is kind of nice to customize things exactly how I like them. I always hated mochas where the chocolate flavor came from a syrup instead of a powder. So, I first put some milk in a pot with some hot cocoa mix (Ghirardelli is delicious, but I've also used grocery store brand hot chocolate and it seems to suffice) and put it on the stove on low-medium heat. Now, get the coffee ready: some water a bit below the valve (I am only making for me, so the 6 cups is a little much...), put in the grounds container, and then some grounds till that's full. I even used the rest of my course ground coffee from the french press and it did fine... a little watery I guess, but it is hard to notice when you're so pleased with your first few mochas. Screw the top on tight and stick it on the stove on medium-high. Wait for the water to boil in the coffeemaker, and you can even lift the lid with the plastic topper to check if it is full. Make sure you're stirring your hot cocoa on the side. Both should be done around the same time. Espresso goes in the cup first, then the hot cocoa. I don't have a frother (yet) but it doesn't bother me much. Enjoy! - Stovetop Espresso Pots - Espresso - Coffee - Coffeemaker - Bialetti - Espresso Maker'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information