Sunday 26 September 2010

Micro Four Thirds - neoprene, pouches


This a nice versatile bag. It's very light in weight and is compact. I use it for compact interchangeable lenses (Olympus 4/3 and micro 4/3).



The foam padding is soft and provides only modest protection. The clip is useful to hang a small lens on a belt.



Annoyingly, the pull string is an elastic cord, which I find can make the lens spring out of my hands if it catches on the case as I remove it. I've dropped a lens twice because of this darned elastic.



The bag comes in "small" "medium" and "large" sizes. However these are misnomers, as all 3 have the same diameter, about 3 inches (about 4 inches flat)! They should be called "short" "medium" and "long". The large one is therefore not suitable for cameras or flashguns. For such things, get the "X-Large" size which is significantly wider, about 7 inches wide (when flat), about 5 inches circular diameter, and 9 inches long.



Even the "small" one is plenty long enough for my 4 1/4 inch long compact (four-thirds) telephoto lens. Zing 561-226 MPP1 Medium Pouch (Black/Purple)

I bought this bag to use with a Nikkor 18-200 lens. I discovered that my monster 105mm Nikkor will fit in this pouch as well. There is more than enough padding to protect a lens, but they are flexible enough to fit in a lot of places such as a tightly packed gear bag or a purse. The drawstring top closes the pouch securely.



I highly recommend this lens pouch as a perfect alternative to the hard shell cases.

I bought this pouch because I wanted to protect my Canon G9, but I didn't want the clunkier daypack-style camera bag. The camera fits nicely inside it (see dimensions on the link below), with room for the camera's shoulder strap, and there's a carbiner to attach it to another bag.



Canon PowerShot G9 12.1MP Digital Camera with 6x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom

I ordered this for my Canon 55-250mm telephoto lens. The lens fit nicely with an extra inch on top of the bag to pull on the string and close the bag. The material is thick, soft, and stretchy. Now I can throw my extra lens in my bag without having to worry about it being scratched anywhere.



MZ Photo shipped quick in less than 3 days.

This pouch is the perfect size for my new 70-300 telephoto lens. It fits perfect into my camera bag and color ring let me know exactly which lens I am reaching for. Good durability and craftsmanship.

I purchased this for my 17-55 SLR Canon lens, but it was plenty big enough for the 55-250 lens, which I had also purchased the large bag for. Perfect to protect lenses in a travel back when you don't travel with the large camera accessory bag.

I bought this for my Canon EF-S 55-250mm lens. It's almost too big for the lens. There is a lot of room in the pouch. I might even make a cover for my wired remote so I can slide in in along side the lens. Good quality construction. The soft neoprene fabric feels good and protects the lens from scratches.

I recently bought this as a lens bag and it is awesome. I put my Tokina 12-24mm wide angle in it and it fit perfectly. I may post some photos soon so future buyers can get a frame of reference in terms of size. It's hard to tell how big it is. I took a chance on it and I'm super glad I did! - Lens Case - Pouches - Neoprene - Lens Bag'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • lens case
  • ,
  • lens bag
  • ,
  • neoprene
  • ,
  • pouches