Thursday 30 September 2010

Grill Accessories - grill accessories, coleman grill


This is what I needed and seems to be good quality. Minus one star because the price is so high.



It was hard to tell from the description (here at Amazon and other web sites) if the connectors on this hose were correct for my needs and how it attaches. I ordered it anyway and luckily it is what I needed to connect a propane tank (the type that is normally used for an outdoor grill) to my 25-year old 2-burner Coleman camp stove. One end of this hose has the same connector you find at the top of the small 16oz Coleman propane cylinders -- so it attaches to the metal tube connector that normally goes between a 16oz cylinder and the stove. The other end of this hose attaches to larger propane tanks like the new one I just bought. I don't know what a 20# tank is, but mine is like 3 gallons in size -- the usual kind that people use for outdoor grills. I found out, however, that it does not fit the quick-release connection that I have on a different propane tank that came with my Weber grill. I'll have to see if there's a (quick release) adapter available so that I can use this hose with that other propane tank also. Coleman High-Pressure Propane Hose and Adapter

This thing is nicely designed and built. Just to emphasize what others have already said - it connects the 20 pound propane tank to the regulator on the stove. *It does not connect directly to the stove - you still need a regulator!* The regulators on the newer stoves are on metal tubes with 45 degree angles, the regulators on the older stoves are on rubber tubes.



It makes so much more sense to use a refillable big propane tank than to dump those little empties in the land fill.

Bought this for my portable Weber 386002 Q 100 Portable Propane Gas Grill; works perfectly with 20lb propane tanks.



Works like a charm, but CAUTION: If you plan on disconnecting the 20lb tank with the hose, you may receive some propane blow off. THIS IS OK! It is just the build up within the 5 foot hose.



HOW TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE:

Towards (or at) the end of cooking, close the propane nossel to off while keeping the grill turned on high. This will burn off all the leftover propane in the line. I usually turn it off within 3 minutes left of cooking as to not waste it; sometimes it'll continue burning, slower and slower, for 5 minutes after.

EXPERIENCE: The only problem that I have with Coleman, is that most of their propane gear is designed to use the small propane cylinders. This forces us to spend $25.00 on a high pressure hose adapter. And Coleman knows that you are going to need it, as you can't run a stove for very long on a 16-OZ propane cylinder. I guess for most of you that go camping, wouldn't need this at all. But for those of us using this at home, you need this to hookup to your 20-gallon tank.



I have not had any problem at all with this hose adapter. However, I feel the need to put a warning out there for you folks. This side of the hose which attaches to your propane tank, does not use right handed threads! You must rotate it counter clockwise, to get it to attach to your tank. Get it tight, but not too tight either!



The hose has a nice 5-foot length to it, so this way you can keep your propane tank a good distance away from the stove, I like that. The other end of the hose attaches to your stove via right handed threads, so just go clockwise with that one. I don't even need to open the valve on my propane tank all the way, just one turn is enough.



The stove uses a fixed regulator setting, so no adjustment is necessary. All I have to do, is hold the flame of my barbecue lighter up to the burners, and then open the valves. They ignite almost instantaneously, and then I can began cooking my food. I have had 0 issues with pressure flow, so I believe this hose to be a quality piece.



CONCLUSION: You may not need this hose adapter if you are going on camping trips. However, if you plan to use this at home, you probably should consider getting one. I have had 0-issues with this hose, and I highly recommend it. 5-STARS

THIS IS A FABULOUS ADD ON FOR ANY GAS GRILL PURCHASED TO USE WITH A SMALL BOTTLE OF PROPANE, IT IS VERY EASY TO FIT INTO ANY LARGE OR SMALL PROPANE TANK BECAUSE OF THE HANDLE. THE PART THAT FITS TO THE GRILL NEEDS TO BE VERY TIGHT THOUGH, IF YOU DON'T TIGHTEN IT VERY WELL THE GAS WILL NOT FLOW INTO GRILL, TAKE THIS IN CONSIDERATION IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET FRUSTRATED WHEN INSTALLING IT.

This was exactly what I was looking for. I have a Coleman stove/grill combo and this adaptor connects perfectly to the big propane gas tank. Small tanks are portable, but for longer usage this adaptor really helps.



To help understand, Amazon should show an image connecting the stove's L-shaped metal connector to the adaptor cable, and would help future buyers a lot (I mean the pic which is on the product manual)

I purchased this to hook up a standard propane tank to a tabletop heater, which would normally use a baby propane tank.



Works great, no propblems or complaints.



Much better throughput than the smaller tanks.



Cheers,



Kimball Morgan

I recently purchased the Paul Jr. Designs Coleman RoadTrip Grill and wanted to connect it to a 20-lb propane gas cylinder. I looked up and found this Coleman High-Pressure Propane Hose and Adapter on Amazon.com, and from the description, it said "Great for use with coleman road trip grills or lanterns." I saw other hoses that were selling at lower prices but I wanted to pair the Grill with the hose from the same company.



I connected the hose to the regulator and connected the regulator to the grill with no problem. Then when I tried to connect the hose to the 20-lb gas cylinder, I found that the threads are left-hand threads (counter-clock wise). Once I realized that, the hose connected to the tank perfectly.



The quality of the hose seems high. The connection was perfect. The steaks were done perfectly. Just remember to shut the tank first after cooking is done before turning off the burners. This will burn off the residual gas left inside the hose. - Accessories - Coleman Grill - Stove Accessories - Grill Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information