Tuesday 28 October 2008

Articulating Wall Mount - tv wall mount, lcd wall mount


This mount is about the best I have seen yet. Looking locally, I couldn't find anything for less than $60 -$80 (even walmart). This came home for about $25. It mounts easily, comes with all hardware, it is black, just like the TV I mounted and the cables I strap to it to get them out of the way. The swing is very smooth, there is very little rock (side-to-side). The tilt (pitch) is very sturdy but adjustble. I don't have a single complaint about this unit. VideoSecu Articulating TV Wall Mount Bracket for VESA 100 LCD LED Flat Screen Monitor TV 1E9

Nice product, fairly well built, and attractive black powder coating. I mounted a 26" HDTV (22.8 lbs) on our bedroom wall. As others have mentioned, no rotation after installing makes it important that you measure carefully before drilling. Here's a couple tips that should help your install.



Before proceeding, I suggest that you tighten the arm hinges (using the supplied Allen wrench) to where you think they should be. They were fairly loose on the mount that I received. Reason being ... Their tightness changes the level of the TV bracket.



1st tip: First thing I noticed was that the top of the bracket that mounts on the TV was NOT parallel with the mount's arms when the mount was folded flat. Therefore, I mounted the vertical wall bracket (plate) so that the TV bracket was level; this meant that the wall bracket was NOT perfectly vertical, but just a "scosh" off vertical.



2nd tip: Even doing this, the TV was still not exactly level; close, but not "perfect". This time I took a round file to the screw holes on the TV bracket and elongated them to correct the rotation required to make the TV perfectly level. It didn't take much filing; less than 1/8".



That did it! TV hangs perfectly level now when flat against the wall, which is where it is used mostly. Swinging the TV out to "max" position from the wall, due to the slight "give" others have mentioned, the TV is a gnat's off from level, but this is low priority and tolerable.



One other point: If your TV/monitor is wider than 26", you won't be able to get it completely perpendicular to the wall, something to consider.

I purchased this mount to hang a 15" LCD TV, weighing less than 9 pounds (the specifications rate it up to 33 lbs). I carefully measured and used a level to mount the swing arm on the wall, but when I hung the TV, the position of the arms and the small amount of "give" between the arm segments caused the TV to hang at a slight, but noticable, angle. You can tighten the arm segment joints, which helps the problem somewhat, but you won't be able to swing the arm around once tightened. The swivel adjustments only allow you to change the side-to-side angle and the vertical tilt, there is no way to fix the rotation of the set.

This monitor arm is pretty cool, and great price point. I mounted a 26" LCD TV weighing like 32 LBS. Have not had a problem with it. I did need to make a trip to the hardware store for some longer screws than what was provided to connect to my TV.

I tend to be the engineer type, so looks don't win me over if a product is flawed below the surface. This mount looks good, if and when you catch a glimpse of it but most important to me, it is designed well. The joints lock and hold positions well because the design provides enough flat mating surface area. All of the major parts are solid cast, forged or machined.

Finally, after you have mounted a monitor or TV, this mount does not demand or call your attention back, it just does its job, `quietly', behind the scene.

I purchased this wall mount on the basis of other reviews. It was perfect for our need. Installation was very easy, the bracket was well made, moves easy (side to side, up and down). I put a 15" tv on it and I am well satisfied compared to other brackets that are 3 & 4 times the price. I give this bracket a 5 star rating.

I own 8 flat panel TV's, all of them wall mounted, for two (26"ers) of them I am using this particular bracket. I like the flexibility of these brackets, however, they are quite "wobbly" and that leaves me with great concern each time I adjust them. Only time will tell if they will hold up to the moderate usage they receive.

In one of the other reviews someone said something about the mount being lose or having some "give", I am thinking they may have recieved a bad mount and should send it back. I have a 23" LCD mounted with this bracket and its tight and holds the TV right where I set it. Now I can see where if you mounted it maybe a little off center where you could complain that they should have put a rotation(tilt) adjustment on it. But alas if you mount it level then you should have no problems. It was easy to mount and does what it should. A mount like this at a box store will cost you about $80, so you can't beat this price. The product is also very durable - Lcd Wall Mount - Wall Mount - Tv Wall Mount - Monitor Wall Mount'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information