Thursday 30 October 2008

Computer Cables - adapters, usb cord


My HP LaserJet 1100 is reliable and inexpensive to run. My computers no longer have the parallel port it requires. This cable adapter was the perfect solution. I simply plugged my printer cable into the adapter cable, and the adapter cable into my USB port - worked the first time with no messing around. Windows is a bit quirky, though. You must plug the adapter cable consistently into the same USB for the printer to be recognized. Sabrent USB to DB25 Female Parallel Converter Adapter 6-Foot Cable (USB-DB25F)

This was exactly what I needed to hook my 4 year old HP printer (w/parallel port) to my new laptop (which came with Windows Vista, and no parallel port). The product comes with a disc to install the drivers needed (but my printer is so awesome, I didn't need to use it.) I just plugged it in and it printed. This is perfect!

I bought this product for an older HP laserjet printer. I plugged it into my desktop running Windows 7 and it immediately downloaded the drivers for me and installed them. In about 2-3 minutes I was ready to print!

I had an urgent need for a cable to connect an old parallel printer to a USB-only equipped computer. The printr used a non standard cable connection at the printer and Tiger had just the cable I needed to bridge the gap at a price that was much less than Circuit city and the like. Delivery was prompt and reasonable.

I bought this because one of the reviewers said that it worked with Windows 7. The product itself does not say that. I cannot get this to work with my HP 722C Deskjet and the Windows 7 (64bit) operating system. Not sure of the issues if this device or Windows 7. The plug and play recognizes that a usb print connection is made when cable is plugged in, but does not recognize that a printer is attached to it. In device manager, this USB Print device is listed as unspecified. The Windows 7 did not automatically download HP 722 drivers. I did that manually, but again,the software still only recognizes that an unspecified USB Print device is attached. No signals are sent to the printer through cable.

Others on the internet with similar problems are saying that it works with Windows 7 (32bit) but not 64bit. Maybe a fix will show up somewhere, but I have not seen any to date.

Worked great on a new PC running Windows 7 with an old HP Laserjet 4L. I just plugged it in and the PC immediately recognized the printer in the control pannel and I started printing. I did not need to load any drivers or do any configuration.

This cable worked perfectly for my HP 722C on a brand new Dell PC with no printer port. I had read in reviews or somewhere else that these cables would not hep if your printer was multifunction (or that only the printing function would work), so since my printer was just a printer, this cable worked fine.



Was deliverd within about 3 days from the order. - Usb Cord - Printer Cable From Usb Port - Adapters - Cables'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information