Wednesday 29 October 2008

paper shredder - paper shredder


Hi,



This shredder is a great value for the price. Ordered on Oct 20th and received 5 days later; amazon shipping is the best as always. See below for pros and cons:



Pros:

*Attractive looking design--mesh bin, silver color

*Simple, functional layout--slider on top to choose operation i.e. reverse, off, auto and forward.

*Does not over-heat, used for 2 hrs, non-continuous--meaning I spent time checking mail so that allowed cooling time, etc

Machine has auto off feature which will shutdown if it runs non-stop for more than 2 minutes. however this shouldn't be a concern as we all look through our mail first.

*small profile, can fit perfect under any desk

*can recycle grocery bags instead of purchasing "shredder bags" and even with just mesh bin, unit didn't leave dust or small paper debris all over the place. which is nice!



Cons:

*will jam if envelop is too thick

*No dedicated credit card slot like some units have, but will devour any credit card (^_^) just put it in through the middle



Overall, I am 100% satisfied with unit. It gets the job done, protecting us from identity theft. You won't go wrong purchasing from Amazon.com enjoy! Royal Machines HT88 Shredder 8-Sheet Full Size Cross Cut with Wire Mesh Basket

This is a great shredder for a great price. I've had about three years worth of papers that needed to be shredded and it did the job without even jamming once. The only issue I came across is the overheating issue but that was because I was feeding in 6-7 pages at once non stop for more than 2 minutes. Overheating is a side effect of all good cross cutting shredders anyway. If I paused a little here and there, I made it about 5 or 6 minutes of almost continuous shredding. It was smart enough to figure out when it was too hot and stopped taking paper until it cooled down, so no need to worry about breaking it. My situation was an extreme and it did the job very well bearing in mind that this is a personal shredder.



Overall:



- Fast & great looking design

- Does not jam (huge plus!)

- Overheating protection



I'd recommend this shredder to anyone over the rest!

I love this shredder - it's powerful and does not jam. Perfect for my home office. I wouldn't use it for business because the basket doesn't hold a lot of shredding, but for household use, it's great.

The shredder works good the only thing I didn't consider is that some poweder that come from paper when it is shredded get out from the net of the container. No that much but you can ses some littly dirty around the shredder

The shredder is small but efficient. However, it is not just like the photo. I assumed that there was space to drop in unshredded paper in the front, but the actual basket is straight across. It is therefore necessary to use a separate basket for unshredded trash and is less useful than my previous one, which could be utilized for both kinds of paper trash.

I have heard horror stories about shredders. They get jammed, they over heat, etc. But this is a great little machine. I don't put tons of papers in at a time, but I do use it everyday. It sits next to my file cabinet, ready to go. It has a small footprint and it's not very loud at all. The shredding unit pops off easily to empty the basket. It's also light weight and easy to handle. I would reccomend this Royal shredder.

The shredder is a true cross cut shredder, and dices paper into fine confetti. It is easy to operate and the paper feeder has continued to work even after extensive use.



If I had to do it again, I might avoid a mesh basket because every now and then a piece of paper will fall through or get stuck in the mesh. Very minor hassle, but that accounts for the four star rating. - Paper Shredder'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information