Wednesday 29 October 2008

Steam Cleaners - steamers, steam cleaners


Like a lot of other buyers, I simply could not believe that a steam cleaner this cheap was any good. I toyed with buying one for twice, or even three times as much, and finally decided to just buy it.



And you know what? It really is a bargain. I used it to clean gunk out of difficult to reach corners, to get out stains in my textured laminate kitchen floor that no amount of scrubbing would reach, to remove baked-on stains on my oven that simply wouldn't come out with abrasive pads and soap, to clean grout, and a dozen other previously impossible tasks. Not only that, but it comes with six different attachments, all of which are very useful.



Is it perfect? No. A larger water capacity would be nice. So would a larger mop attachment, and some extra mops. But given the low price, the quality, and how well it works, it's a bargain. Electric Steam Cleaner

I have been doing a lot of research on steam cleaners lately, almost bought one made by the same manufacturer as the ladybug, but could not bear to spend almost a $1000 or even $500. So after reading a lot of reviews I decided to go for the cheaper version, so when I saw this one for about $20 I said to myself, well, if it does not work I'll just be out $20 plus shiping no big deal.

My thoughts on this machine is that it is a well made machine that can clean crevices and places that you can't clean with ordinary cleaners, did not do so well with grease or baked on foods. Did really good on the bathrooms, toilets etc... did wonderful on the windows. Did O.K with soap scum but not perfect. Overall a good machine but you will still need to use other cleaners to take care of what the machine can not take care of. So my thought is if you can afford to buy a more expensive machine go ahead it will definetely do a better job, the best ones are made in Italy. If not go ahead and spend the $20 on this one maybe it can clean some areas that you can't clean otherwise.

Get this steamer if you want a solid, well-made product. The only thing wrong I've found so far is difficulty believing that a product of this quality can be purchased for just 20 bucks. It feels good in the hand, heats up quickly, delivers nice hard blasts of steam without spitting, and comes with quality accessories for a variety of applications. You can get the grime out of little places with the pointy nozzle, scrub things with a brush head, and even clean grimy windows with the squeegee attachment. This unit uses high quality plastics where it makes sense (the body, the handle, nozzles) and metal where it is appropriate (steamer core, cap, parts of nozzles). The electrical cord is thick and obviously built to take abuse, the body has a solid metal inner core, there is a sturdy threaded cap with a metal insert, the outlet has dual neoprene O-rings to seal the steam path from core to nozzle and a positive lock system so the nozzles don't pop off. I am frankly amazed at the quality in this unit and would recommend it to anyone who wants a handy little steamer that delivers the steam and won't break. Get one before the company comes to it's senses and starts charging what it's worth.

I am 40 years old and I've never written a review before, but I just had to let others know about this GREAT little steamer. I wanted a steamer to clean the nooks and crannies, and this does just that. I received the cleaner earlier this week, and just had a few minutes to play with it. The first thing I cleaned was a window seal. At first, I wasn't overly impressed, but I wasn't disappointed either. Today, I began using the steamer in earnest, and I'm very, very pleased. I would like to share some of the things I've discovered about the steamer. First, the instructions state to let the water heat for 4 minutes. I think a couple extra minutes is helpful. While you are waiting on the steamer to heat, multi-task...unload the dishwasher, or fold that load of laundry still sitting in the basket! Once you are ready to use the steamer, always keep it in an upright position...use the hose so you can keep the steamer upright. This allows for maxium steam output. Second, be patient. This little thing is powerful, but it doesn't clean huge areas at once. Keep the area you want to clean small, and think of this steamer as a detailer. It will get into all the places that your rag cannot. This steamer is like having a mini power-washer. It directs a pencil-thin stream of steam into the area you want. Go slow, and have patience and you will be amazed at the dirt that the steam will power off. I used this on my stove, and was very impressed. It powered off grease and grime in the cracks where my rag couldn't reach. It did not remove the baked on stains on my ceramic top stove, but it powered away where my fingers were to big to get into. My 8 year old stove now sparkles.



Clean especially dirty areas right after the steamer has been freshly filled. This will allow for maxium output. The steamer does began slacking some when the water is getting low.



I have white appliances and white cabinets in my kitchens, and it did a great job. It powered away dirt where the cabinet meets the linolium. I used it on my white painted woodwork, and it couldn't look any better unless I had repainted it. Do be careful when working around painted surfaces and wallpaper. The hot steam will bubble paint and pull off wall paper. I used it on paint and wallpaper, but I was careful.



I also have a house full of 6-pannel white painted doors. It did fabulous and I didn't have to worry about the paint on these surfaces.



I used this around the bottom of the toilet. If you have boys or men in your house, then you know what I mean! It was also great around the sink faucets where toothpaste and soap scum gather.



As you use this steamer, keep plenty of rags around...wet and dry. The dirt and grime will disolve, run down the surface you are cleaning, and sometimes as I experienced, cause crud to fly. That's ok, it means things are getting clean.



Be warned, ladies, (or gents), this little devil is addictive. I'm pooped from all the cleaning I've been doing! Pace yourself!



If you have a water softener as I do, use soft water in the steamer and this will help it to last longer and not get hard water build up.



I am a detail-oriented person, and very picky, and I think this steamer does a great job. I personally wouldn't use if for day-to-day general cleaning, but for deep cleaning and nooks and crannies, it's GREAT! I have not yet tried any attachements but the hose. I will save that for another day! On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being it did absolutely nothing, and 10 being absolute perfection, I would give it an 8.



BTW, I cleaned several more window seals, and it did a fine job when I slowed down and took my time.



For $20, you can't go wrong. I only wished I had purchased it much sooner. I may buy a couple more for Christmas presents. - Electric Steam Cleaner - Recommended - Steam Cleaners - Steamers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information