Thursday 30 October 2008

Ghost Hunters - game camera, wildlife camera


This is by far the best camera I have used. I have both a stealth cam and a moultrie, and the truth cam takes much better pictures, (especially at night...the 60 LED's really light everything up) and the set up is very easy. I have had the truth cam 60 out in the mountains (in very cold weather) for about 3 months and the battery still shows 50%. I love it, and will definitely buy another one. Primos Truth Cam 60 Camera

I purchased one of these about 2 months ago.



Pros: Takes great daytime shots. Only triggers when something is in front of it. Sturdy construction. Long infrared range (with fresh batteries).

Cons: Sub par nighttime shots (very grainy). Goofy rubber boot over sd slot. Missing most usefull timeout settings (5, 10, 15?) and pics per trigger (2). Lousy buckling system (could not tighten strap).



I nearly returned because of the nighttime quality(you can see what is there, you're just not going to be framing any of the shots), but decided the quality of the triggering made it worth keeping. First camera I've had with no false triggers, EVER! Nearly double the infrared range of the Bushnell trophy cam. The timeout settings is not that big of deal. Have it set at one minute. 5 or 15 would cut down on a lot of the shots of the same squirrel or turkeys though. The rubber boot over the sd card slot works, just seems like it might fall off after a while, and it's on the bottom of the camera, so it's always wet after any rain or snow. I don't know why game cam manufacturers can't make a decent mounting system. The adjustable side of the buckle would not hold the strap at all unless I inverted it so the strap bound against itself (not easy to adjust like that). The slots are too big for the strap and there are no grippers and the angles are wrong. I replaced with a generic buckle from my local Fleet Farm (in the camping section), and that holds the strap perfect. And has any of them ever heard of elastic or bungee? That would make things a lot easier. All in all, a pretty good camera. Could have been a great camera though, with a few modifications.

I own several trail cameras and upon taking this one out of the box and setting it up I was pretty impressed. The LCD menu is very easy to navigate to setup the camera, it has rubberized covers that go over the memory card slot to keep moisture out, when activating the camera on the trail it provides a 30 second countdown timer which is a great feature, the pictures even tell you what the temperature was outside when the image was taken. The problem that I had with this camera is after leaving it on a trail for 2 days, upon my return I found the memory card nearly full with over 2,000 photos, apparently taken anytime a twig moved in the wind, and the batteries drained down to 35%. No animals were captured, just wind. I'm going back out to adjust the sensitivity levels to low (and install new batteries) and will post a reply to this review if that helps or not.

I got this for Christmas this year. I don't have a lot of experience with trail cams, but I will say that the setup for this was simple and fast. Took about 10 minutes of reading and setup. It was very intuitive.



I had pictures within hours.

The quality of the pics were OK, but not fantastic.

If there was one downside, I'm not sure why they did not through in an SD card. I had to go out and get one ASAP.

I use this to capture the construction in progress on my property - it does EXACTLY as you would expect it to. I have it hanging on a tree and there is easy access to replace the batteries and sd card - by using the picture instead of video format - the batteries are lasting longer and it does not fail to pick up whatever has triggered it's motion sensor, as I have these pictures taken unattended. Once I'm on site, I know the video portion will work as well - a friend of mine used this product and talked me into it - they use the video portion to catch the wild-life and it does a wonderful job as I've seen their posted videos. I'm extremely happy with this product.

Did much research before buying this camera.Have been using the camera now for one month and getting good results. I use the sensitive setting and it will pickup a squirrel or raccoon at 15 to 20feet. Difficult to read the screen during daylight.I am using the video option. I throw dog food in front of the camera and even the deer stop to investigate.

Satisfied so far.

Very easy to use, didn't need the instruction manual for set up, by using the default setting already on the camera, when you push a button the camera responds (not like my Cuddy Back). The manual is very helpful to give the different setting, and what they do, for extra battery life etc. Do not think the little clunk when taking a picture will be any factor at all. Very good camera for the price. Same as any camera, the pictures vary due to light conditions.

I bought this remote camera for my wife for Christmas. After reading many reviews of assorted other cameras, I decided to go with the camera that had the least amount of 1's or 2's from other reviewers. Also I wanted one at a price point that met our needs.This camera seems to take very good pics. Most of the pics we have retrieved have been daytime pics. The few nighttime pics were very good ---the LED'S do the job. The only reason I went with 4 stars is because the display on front is very faded and difficult to read. The info on the pics is great---Day,time,temp&moon phase.One feature that every camera should have is a USB port to transfer the pics to a jump drive instead of buying another card for the camera. Seems like a no brainer but there is no perfect anything. This camera is , however, a handy camera. Could also be used for security camera for outside the house at a very affordable price. Great idea and very useful for many purposes. - Primos - Wildlife Camera - Photography - Game Camera'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information