Tuesday 28 October 2008

Cheap Keyboard - logitech, usb keyboard


Original plan was to purchase a wireless keyboard and mouse combo, after reviews and specs I realized I wasn't a huge fan of any of the options. I reformed my plan to purchase a new keyboard and use an old mouse, well after looking around at various sites I found this combo to be the best.



Keyboard is standard layout and fairly low profile. Feels good to type on and has worked great for gaming so far. Mouse is a standard 2 button and wheel optical mouse works well as well.



Only down side I can see is that the cable seems to be a bit light gauge and may affect the life expectancy of the keyboard or mouse, however if you don't have animals that may eat the cable and if you plan to plug this into an office set up and never remove it I am sure it wont affect its longevity. Logitech Desktop MK120 Mouse and keyboard Combo (920-002565)

Love the keyboard for its classic design. No more useless fluff like copy and paste buttons, playback buttons, browser... email buttons etc.

The keys are at the right size and shape, no more irregular over sized or shrunk keys.

The combo keyboard/mouse works good. The keyboard keys once press, are good and responsive. The optical mouse is very alert and responsive too. The bad thing about it, the website did not clearly identify that both keyboard and mouse are "USB" connect only. My PC's keyboard/mouse slots uses the "PS2" type (or rounded connector). I tried to connect it to the usb slots but it is a hit and miss situation. Sometimes it works for few minutes only but most of the time it stalls forever. I need to return it.

I've tried many keyboards and mice. I needed a cheap USB combination. This one works but the keyboard is of the cheaper variety. The wires also are of the thinner type I'd think over years not as sturdy if pulled on it.

The length of the cords is good, just their thinness. I've seen this on laptop mice where the wire broke it's connection being pulled too much.

If I had to do it again I would go for Kensington which I think is a definite step up in quality. The mouse also is cheap, the wheel is noisy and rattles.

The reason is that the keyboard and mouse are the main human interface, what you're touching ALL DAY, so why not spend an extra $5.00 for a better quality for something you'll be using every day for years? Alternatively, you do get used to just about any keyboard and mouse that works! Anyway, get this combo for <$20.00. But I'd recommend Kensington. Why has Logitech been making such cheap stuff? Their headphones are also real cheap, quality and price.

UPDATE: Now I like it a lot for the price so I changed my Rating to 5 star. It is easy to use and smooth so I am overlooking the thin cable. The cables are long so that is great.

If you just need a quick keyboard/mouse combo for a computer build or for anyone who needs it and don't need all the fancy options other keyboards or mice may offer then I find this to be an excellently priced and quality product. Granted its not going to be the best in the world but for the price it works wonderfully. Its a nice simple solution. The keys feel fine it can be propped at an angle and the mouse feels fine on either the left or right hand.Not much else to say on this product.

Very good quality at a very reasonable price.



In my opinion, these are the best keyboards and mice for the money.



I have used plenty of keyboards and mice that are less money, but they simply do not last very long.



My 5 stars is primarily for the value - quality to price ratio. There may be better keyboards, but I doubt they are as good of a value, as they are likely twice or triple the price.

Love the weight of the keys. It's a sleek, basic look. Owned the product for three weeks.



Mouse is a little bulkier than I'd like and scroll isn't as smooth as most mouses.



Perfect for my needs and budget - Usb Keyboard - Mouse - Logitech - Keyboard And Mouse Combo'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • usb keyboard
  • ,
  • keyboard and mouse combo
  • ,
  • logitech
  • ,
  • mouse