Friday 31 October 2008

Excercise Bike - schwinn 240, recumbent bikes


I just bought this bike a few weeks ago to help with recovery from a surgery and I couldn't be happier with it. Fortunately, I also bought it while it was nearly 50% off (Amazon is the best). I got the bike within a week and all the parts were included and in great shape. One of the hinges of the fan attachment had broken off, but a little bit of super glue fixed that in a couple of minutes and it works fine. It took nearly two hours to put the thing together because there are so many parts to this bike, but anybody with patience can do it. Once together, it was clear that the parts were high quality, it looks like it was well made. It's completely silent except for a little whirring when changing difficulty levels. I consider myself to be quite athletic and the programs are definately challanging. There are a lot of programs to choose from and you can set up a personal profile that saves all your information. I think the calorie counter is a little low, but most exercise equipment underestimates the number of calories burned. I'm tall enough (5' 9") that I can see over the console to watch tv, but a shorter person might have trouble with this. A shorter person might also have some trouble with the back rest as it doesn't go low enough for the lower back support to sit squarely in my lower back, but I've found that a cushion remedies this well. I haven't tried all of the features but the heart rate moniter and the fan work great. Overall, I'm extremely happy with this purchase and would highly recommend it. Diamondback Fitness 510Sr Recumbent Exercise Bike

Here is a review from FitnessProfessorReviews.com on the 510Sr -

Diamondback is well known for their pedal bikes and they continue to apply this knowledge to all of their fitness products. The updated 510 Sr is their entry level recumbent but it is far from basic - walk thru design, comfy seat with adjustable positioning, plenty of programs plus an tilting back lit LCD display featuring a fan, MP3 compatibility, speakers and a 3 year warranty! These features help earn the Diamond Back 510 Sr this year's HEAD OF THE CLASS Award (Best Recumbent Bike under $750) for the third consecutive year! - Recumbent Bikes - Schwinn 240 - Recumbent Bike - Recumbent Exercise Bike'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information