Wednesday 29 October 2008

Catering Burner - great price, camping stove


I ordered this stove with a four pack of fuel. The stove as you see it on your PC is light-weight, metal -with a burner knob to turn it high or low, and to light it. It starts something like a snapper on a propane grill. It starts every time, has a nice clean looking, and odor-less flame, and is great for tail-gate meals, any outdoor/indoor, as well as an emergency cooking source. Or even for heat. However, read the warning regarding venting. I like it, and believe it will be even more useful in the near future, so much so -that I ordered a dozen cans of fuel. Which is not all that expensive. I like that. The stove will most likely run for more than a hour on high with a single can of fuel, though I haven't tried it. For camping and all outdoor activities that require a stovetop, this is perfect, and for the price I would add a dozen cans of fuel to have on hand. I would buy one again.

JC Nature's Quest Deluxe Portable Gas Butane Stove with Free Case

The price is great, and it looks great and works great - I don't regret the purchase. However, I want to point out that the description mentions its utility in case of a power outage, and another review mentioned wanting to have a gas burner occasionally at home, since their stove is electric. I bought this with the intent to occasionally use inside, and was surprised to read in the directions a warning against use indoors due to the emission of carbon monoxide. ?!?!? I wish I knew how high the risk is. Is the statement just to satisfy the lawyers and the risk is minimal, or is it really dangerous? I think I will use it anyways and make sure the stove vent is blowing, but thought another buyer might want to know about this.

This single Burner is exactly what I was looking for. I have only electric appliances and I wanted a gas Burner for the occassional times I want to cook on gas. This works great. Out of the case it is sleek and shiny Black. The Butane cartridge is not visiBle at all.



The Butane cartridges are extremely easy to use: Line up the notch, close the cover, lock in place and turn the knoB to ignite.



This is easy to clean and store. The case is not extremely thick or sturdy(don't picture the stuff kid's sandBoxes are made of - i can't think of the name), But adequate to close and store the unit and makes it easy to carry and keep it neat and clean.



I am pleased with the purchase and was definitely worth the price.

This is a fantastic product. The fuel canister is easy to install and my stove lit quickly and without a problem. I have always cooked on an open fire on my camping trips so i am excited to give this little guy a try. It is the perfect addition to my camping equipment.

UPDATE!!!

I just got back from my trip. The stove is AMAZING! You cannot screw it up. The design will not let you put the canister in incorrectly nor will it let you insert the canister if the stove is not in the off position. Also, you cannot turn the cook top over and put it in the case with canister in it (fantastic safety feature!).

I bought this for camping initially because it took my coffee about an hour and a half to START percolating on my propane grill. With this little guy I had coffee in 15-20 mins. Then I made breakfast on it in a cast iron skillet. I just ordered another one so that I can start the bacon while the coffee is making. You can't beat the price. One thing to note: go ahead and order the butane canisters while you're at it. They're hard to find. I finally found a Korean brand at a Chinese grocery store ($1.99 ea is a great deal if you've got a Chinese grocery in your 'hood.).

I purchased this stove to use for camping. Used it for the first time this weekend. Was great! It is very light weight, has a carrying case, easy to install gas canisters, and a flame shield was great! The flame never blew out. I would recommend this for anyone who has a need for a stove for camping.

I bought 2 of these and a 12 pack of butane based on the reviews they received. I just got back from a 4 day trip and used this little stove. It couldn't be any easier to set up and use. It puts out a nice, consistent flame, and the first canister lasted for several meals and heating water for coffee in the mornings. The case is a little flimsy (as others have noted), but you don't need it once the burner is out. You'll be hard-pressed to find a better value for under $20. I think I may be putting my 2 burner propane stove away for a while.

I bought this to melt candle wax and it works better than I had hoped. To that, we ran out of gas for our grill so I decided to try cooking on it and to my suprise it worked great for that. I know it's made for cooking but I wasn't sure how well it would work and I'm pleasantly suprised. Only down side is the fuels expensive and no one carrys it where I live so shipping is a ball buster. Despite that it's totally worth every penny.

I bought it for my earthquake kit, but it's so slick and convenient I'm using it more and more. Over the summer I used it with a cast iron flat skillet to make pancakes outdoors. The flame is so finely adjustable, which I hadn't expected from what I thought was a camp stove. It's well protected from wind, so you can really deliver a lot of heat. The canister system and the ignition are really smartly designed and solid I can't say enough about this thing. Little kid birthdays in the park, I can bring it and cook up hot dogs and stiff. It's really cool. Might be my favorite purchase this year. - Great Price - Camp Stove - Catering Burner - Camping Stove'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information