Friday 31 October 2008

Kindle Accessory


First and foremost, Kindle is an exceptional product. That being said, the battery provided for it, is not. After less than three months of moderate use, the battery that came with the Kindle went from working great to flat dead. I would definitely recommend that you buy at least one extra battery to have around just in case you find yourself inconvenienced by this poor product. Fortunately for us, the pricing on this battery is fairly low. Hopefully, the manufacturer is looking into this and will be providing better batteries down the road. {ssintrepid} Amazon Kindle Replacement Battery (for 1st Generation Kindle)

My battery is dead after only 3 months as well. Based on the comments I have read others are having the same issue. Is Amazon looking into this? Are they going to make good on the replacement batteries for customers who have this problem? It's a shame, the device is great. I hope they don't let this issue overshadow the device's good points. Take a lesson from Apple when the iPod had battery issues when it first came out. FIX IT!

I don't consider having a swappable battery a feature - as much as a common sense engineering decision. I can understand to some small extent why the iPod doesn't - as they are shooting for extreme size reduction. However even in their case - it was a mistake.



The issue with the Kindle battery is that they die too fast - I'm getting 3-4 months before the battery fails to hold a charge - I just ordered two more because my last one after charging all night held the charge for almost 15 minutes - not useful.



I suspect this is either very poor quality control in the Chinese made battery or a design flaw in the charging circuit. In any case Amazon really needs to look into this.

I love my Kindle and use it almost every day. However, after 3 months, my battery just died. I expected it to last longer. Luckily I had a spare. I was reading and the text froze. None of the buttons worked. When I turned off the device the page I was reading stayed on. It did not go away until I took out the old battery. I love my kindle but it looks like I need to have spares all the time.

I have a ton of products with Lithium Ion batteries, but I don't think I've ever seen one die quite this fast. 3 months, and maybe 20-25 recharge cycles and I'm down to an hour or less of battery life.

While I love my Kindle, the original battery that came with it only lasted a mere three months (and not real heavy usage) and is now dead and won't recharge. And now I see Amazon is sold out of replacements!

I bought a replacement battery and it may prove useful BUT a longer lived battery is badly needed. When I connect to download, I can see the charge decreasing while I wait! Otherwise, in the course of ordinary reading I don't get much more than 4 hours (estimated) . The replacemant battery performs the same way. A longer cord on the charger would be helpful.

It was only two months before my battery would not hold a charge for more than a day. I would charge the battery and then when I went to turn it on later in the day, it would show only about one third full, then last only an hour. Very frustrating! This device was too expensive to have such a basic problem like this. When buying the Kindle, you must buy a backup battery! The reader is awesome--the battery--not so much.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Kindle Accessory Kindle Accessory Kindle Accessory