Thursday 30 October 2008

Pool Filter Cartridges


You have to review this filter as a toy, but of course it is not. I bought this instead of the standard Hayward filter sold at Pitch a Penny. Works great, is made solid, delivered to the door and I saved 30 bucks. How can you beat that?



4/27/11



I am changing my review for this item to 3 stars. The first filter only lasted 1 year. I am going to purchase again and give it one more chance. I want to make sure it was nothing I did to reduce the life. I have attempted to clean this filter per manufacturers instructions. After it is cleaned it will give service for a few days and then plug right up. A sign of a dead cartridge.



The OE equipment cartridge for this filter is $100.00. However, the original cartridge gave 4 years of service. That is only $25.00 a year.



You'll get an update next year! Pleatco PA120 Replacement Cartridge for Hayward Star-Clear Plus C-1200, 1 Cartridge

I was a bit reticent to purchase this filter but one of the great things about Amazon is the return policy so I purchased the filter. This is a replacement filter for the Hayward C1200 which costs $99 at the local pool store; when on sale it can be had for $89 so $56 was a bargain. The filter works just like the C1200. It looks like it will hold up for a year like the C1200. Time will tell. There is a difference in the structure - there are no cross braces in the interior of the filter as there are in the C1200 otherwise this filter works well so far.

I am wondering what I missed here. The reviews that are here are great but the product is not. I purchased this product and the first couple of weeks it ran great after that it will barely pull any water through it. I've tried to clean it with the filter cleaner from our local pool store and it didn't make a difference. I have to clean it daily and it still hasn't made a difference. I've even resorted to putting the old filter back in because it circulates the water better with more pressure. Thank goodness we did not throw it out. I will not be purchasing this filter again. It would be in my best interest to pay the extra $30 for the other one. :-(

I've used this for about a month. Much less expensive than the original filter, but it seems to be doing just as well (if not better) of keeping the pool clean. I will update after the summer when I verify the filter will make it 2 seasons like the original filter did.

I found your pool filters to be just as good as the filters I buy at the the pool places or Home Depo.The same filter in most cases!! Far a much cheaper price. I will buy from you again. Plus any other thing I can find on your web site that is a good deal. Thanks You, Rita

This cartridge is a good quality replacement, like you would get at a pool store but would pay considerably more. You are buying a higher quality cartridge for about the same price as the big box stores.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Pool Filter Cartridges Pool Filter Cartridges Pool Filter Cartridges