Thursday 30 October 2008

Grantwood Technology - iphone case, iphone holster


My first Grantwood QuickFlipCase served me loyally, daily, for about two years before breaking (not the case's fault... it was definitely abused). I looked around for a case I liked as much, and totally struck out. The closest case to this one is by Marware, readily available at the Apple Store (and elsewhere), but I tried that option and found it to be utterly inferior. The Velcro closure was a joke, and the case fit the phone too tightly (especially when I added an ultra thin Air Jacket Case to the phone, for protection out of the holster).



Nothing else was working for me. I hate big bulky cases, but the thinner cases don't protect well enough. I don't want it in my pocket, I want it on my belt. And vertical cases are horrible if you ever want to sit down without having to remove the phone first. I also dislike strong branding on cases... I need something understated and business-like, since I actually conduct business while wearing these case.



So I finally contacted Grantwood directly to find if there was any way to get a replacement. To my surprise, the owner responded quickly, and offered to replace my case for me, no charge. I was just looking for a place to purchase one! Not only that, but he offered to send me a new, upgraded version of the case, with reinforced "arms" which may have helped my original not die in the first place. I was floored.



True to their word, I received not only a replacement case (original), but an upgraded case as well. That's customer service!



The upgraded case also has a metal reinforcing tip on the belt loop, at the tip. That tip had always concerned me a little... it never gave out, but now I don't worry at all.



As for the new case also offers reinforcement of the structural side members (not sure how to describe them), as I said before. They added some elastic to help protect the leather from stresses, should help with the case's durability. Very good idea, as this is where my original case failed. I'm hopeful this one will last a good long while, because I really like it!



The leather is somewhat different... a little more textured, compared the smoother leather on the old case. Not a huge difference, but noticeable to me, holding them side by side. I'm neutral on this change. I assume there is an advantage to the changed leather (stronger, more durable?), but regardless, at worst it doesn't seem to be any worse, so possible plus, no minus.



I THINK the new case is a smidgen larger? The "loop" I see, looking at the bottom corner of the case from the side, the circle formed by the curving bottom of the case up to the structural cross-piece (newly reinforced with elastic) looks a little bit smaller on the old case compared the new one... the new one appears ever so slightly larger. Doesn't make much difference with my phone (which is in a minimalist Power Support USA Air Jacket case ([...]), which is a perfect companion to this case), but for people who want double protection and put their phone in a slightly bigger case before putting it in your hip case, the extra little bit of room may give them more options.



Other than that, all the positive features from the original case are still present: Great looks, the vertical format that doesn't impede sitting normally, an easy-to-slide-on- belt clip that's still easily strong enough to NOT lose your phone, The little hole along the bottom edge that makes it easy to push the phone up and out of the case, and of course the easy magnetic closure that opens SILENTLY so you can pull your phone out in a theater (before the show of course), during a meeting, or at night while getting ready to turn in (without waking your spouse with a velcro RIIIIIIP), without annoying others!



All in all, I love this case. If you're looking for a horizontal leather iPhone case, I don't think a better option exists. QuickFlipCase for iPhone 4 (AT&T/Verizon Versions), iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3, Grantwood Technology's Premium Leather Horizontal Flip Case (Black)

Unlike others I have tried, the iPhone4, including the "bumper" fits nicely in this case. The phone slips easily in and out. This case is nicely designed and constructed. The belt clip is perfect, and holds tightly. I look forward to future products from this company.

I just wanted to let you know that I did receive the iphone leather case from Grantwood and have been using it every day now....and I LOVE it! I had been using Apple's rubber casing called Speck-but I did not like the hard clip case it came with in that it was not very ergonomical. The case clipped to your pants "vertically" and would cause the phone to be in the way with normal bending and sitting. But after trying Grantwood's new leather flip top case...I have only good things to say about it!



1. I love the magnetic clasp for ease of opening and closing the top..no

fussing there...the magnet is strong enough to keep the phone secure

without opening, while still allow for a quick "flip" of

the top to get it open.



2. The inside of the case is not too tight but allows for some room to

get the phone in and out. I particularly enjoy the open slot at the

bottom--priceless feature...allows for quick and easy removal

of the phone from the case with just a little push into the slot to

raise the phone out of the case.



3. The clip that secures the case to your pants in a horizontal

fashion...is tight and allows the case to stay put even with bending

over and movement!!!- I've have a bad experience with similar

cases that would pop off my pants whenever I bent over or sat

down...this case does NOT do that.



4. And finally, the overall appearance of the case is very attractive

and compact. Leather cleans up well.



I find Grantwood's case to be very pratical and at such a low cost for quality leather! I threw out my apple iphone casing I had been using. My iphone has found a new home in the Grantwood case...:) - Grantwood Technology - Iphone Holster - Iphone Leather Case - Iphone Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information