Friday 28 August 2009

Battery Charger - hitachi, cordless tool


I don't think there is another charger for the Hitachi Li Ion batteries, but this charger is pretty sophisticated compared to others. First of all it's huge compared to my NiCad chargers of various brands (Milwaukee, DeWalt, PC), but it has many features they don't. It manages its temperature quite carefully, partially out of necessity because of the sensitivity of the new battery technologies, but also because they just chose to do it right. I know a few other brands basically just spit out a charger with their LiIon and just tell you to be careful not to overheat your batteries or leave them in too long. There is a fan -- that is quite loud -- that whirls up to speed to keep things cool as it charges.



My only complaints are the size, which is a problem when you have a lot of chargers to tote from job to job, and the noise which is really only a problem if you have to work in a quiet area.



Another thing to consider is that the charger itself can be overheated. You are supposed to let it sit for 15 minutes between charging batteries, which I have probably violated without incident, but it's something to note. It also would be nice if it charged the neat little 3.6v screwdriver battery so I don't have to tote around yet another charger.



The attention they put into the charger and batteries show that Hitachi just went a few steps further than other companies with their Li Ion adoption and didn't just force the new technology into the old systems. For instance, the controller that shuts off the batteries before they die on most of their tools is not duplicated by most competitors. Hitachi UC18YRL Universal Charger for 7.2-to-18-Volt Ni-Cad Ni-Mh Lithium-Ion Batteries

The Hitachi UC18YRL Universal Charger for 7.2 Volt to 18 Volt Ni-Cad Ni-Mh Lithium-Ion battery charger is a must have if you wish to charge your Hitachi 18 volt Lithium batteries. I purchased the batteries first thinking I could charge my new Lithium batteries with my 18 volt charger. However, they would not charge. This charger does the job at a very reasonable cost. Highly recommended.

I purchased my Hitachi 18 volt drill from a reconditioned sales outlet. I couldn't be happier with the drill. However, the original charger (which looked brand new) didn't work on delivery. It was promptly replaced and worked fine for about one year. I replaced it via the same vendor and it lasted about one year. I ordered this latest one from Amazon as the price is significantly lower. If they only last one year price is going to prove important. I did leave the other chargers plugged in all the time, whether there was a battery charging or not. I am unplugging this one when not actually charging a battery. I don't know if that matters or not, I figure it can't hurt.



I gave this product 3 stars based on the endurance track record. The unit charges batteries just fine in a timely fashion.

I purchased this charger for my John Deere 18 volt drill and flashlight. It works great the charger is very universal and will charge just about any battery that will fit in the slot.The FREE Shipping was an added bonus. I had the charger at my front door in 3 days

This charger works great and I was shocked at how inexpensive it is for as many batteries as it charges. While it is rather loud from the fan I think the extra safety is a great trade-off. I was also very pleased with the service from Hardware Sales Inc and received the item very promptly. I'd really give it a 4 1/2 rating if available.

This is a nice add to my collection of tools, only thing wrong is that it doesn't charge the 10.8 Ion battery for my inpact/screw driver, diferent type and the add did not say clearly although it did include the small voltage battery. All in all a good value. I'm satisfied with the item.

Just received it a few days ago and haven't ordered the batteries yet. But if it's like the rest of Hitachi's equipment I'm sure I'll be pleased. This charger is for the pod type battery system. I own a Hitachi 18 V lithium-ion 1.5 amp hour drill driver that puts out 460 inch pounds of torque.Truily a beast,But the battery technology is the newer style slide on battery I need the pod style for the florescent Hitachi work light. It's really too bad that all our best technology comes from abroad. The falcon and the snowman, this is not America!!

I figured it would take several hours but this inexpensive charger charged my completely depleted 18 volt pack in about an hour.

Very impressive! The only downside (not thart it really matters) is the size. It's twice the size of the original so it won't fit in your Hitachi case. No biggie!

I highly recommend this replacement charger. - Cordless Tool - Hitachi - Battery Charger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information