Sunday 30 August 2009

Earbuds - earphones, cheap


I didn't expect much out of these, but for the price I was impressed. Good range, clear treble that's not tinny, and a lot of volume. There's less bass and midrange than other sets, but not a big deal- I prefer the midrange cut anyway (good for rock) and with the bass turned up higher on a portable player the sound is actually quite good. They are very comfortable in the ear, and the cord, at 44 inches, is just right, not too long or short.

I'd recommend these to anyone looking for an inexpensive spare set of earbuds. I've also had more expensive Panasonic buds, and while there was more bass, the drivers made a horrible popping sound at high volumes. I didn't have this problem at all with the RP-HV152s. If you need a spare set, pick these up- they're definitely a good buy. Panasonic RP-HV152 Portable Earbud Headphones with Powerful Sound

This is one of the best earbuds in its class. They are loud , have good quality, and so far have proven to be durable. now a few warnings, these are "open air earbuds" they are built so that you can hear the outside, cars, conversations, etc. so with that in mind it is impossible for incredible sound quality but these headphones are definitely superior to the iPod headphones in sound quality. They fit my ears perfectly and never fell out on their own. The connector and earbuds feel cheap and light but so far they have proven sturdy and when in you're ears they fell fine. these headphones are a great replacement for the iPod headphones and are a steal at such a low price.

Okay first of all, I traveled a LOT on buses and trust me, in some routes of certain parts of certain cities[cough] you don't want to announce to the world you have an ipod. So I always go with black earphones. That being said, I wanted something to replace the fugly earphones Apple sells. Note to apple...come on if you're gonna sell black ipods sell black earphones too, duh!

Anyway I happened upon these puppies on Amazon and I couldn't believe the price. My criteria for buying earphones has always been to look at the frequency and I say between 10 to 22,000 Hz is fine. any less and more and you're entering "expensive earphone" territory. FYI sometimes a company will sell you some with a smaller range and charge more WTF??

I bought them, they came within a week or so, and I opened them. I have to admit the packaging was VERY cheap. I was worried I got an imitation. I plugged them into the ipod and OMG were they good. The first song I heard was from my FAVORITE band of ALL TIME. The sounds were full and clear. If you put the volume real loud however, you can hear that white noise-ish background. But hey! what can you expect from $5 earphones?

Plus they are very durable. I had to run into the car and the cords fell off my ears and wound themselves around some car handle and I though, "oh no they broke" but they still worked. If a pair of earphones can stand THAT kind of abuse, then they are well worth their weight in gold. Er or non-gold. That's some mighty fine welding they got there (they use Neodymium).

Also if you do your research, the material they use is good because I believe it carries a decent signal through out the tiny cable.

Conclusion: If you want decent quality earphones(not THE best), are frugal, and want black earphones from a well respected company. Then I say go for these. But if you can shell a little more money then go with something else.



Update(09-07-2009): It's been a year since I go these and they're still goin' strong! I'm very impressed I have a few earphones besides these but these are my go-to earphones whilst travelling. Great buy!!

The sound is very balanced and smooth, but still has dynamics. A touch bass shy, but not in a bothersome way. Actually quite musical and clean. A steal for the money. I use these more than my Etymotic Research ER4P earbuds because these are much more comfortable and the sound is more natural and relaxed, which isn't saying much for the ER's I realize, but those are my views.

I bought these earphones to replace the original ones that came with my iPod. The sound is incredible! For the price, these are great earphones to use with any musical device (i.e. mp3 players). My only complaint is that they are "hard," with no soft edge, so they're slightly uncomfortable if you have small ears. Still, they're worth the trouble--I've heard things through these I never heard through my original iPod ear buds!

The headphones respond well to all equalizer settings. Sound is very clear, very clean but after long use they can get uncomfortable. They are are, however, more comfortable than the original iPod headphones and they also perform better than the original iPod ones.

These headphones last way longer than the new ipod headphones, and yet they are $20 cheaper and of better quality and nearly the same shape. After my ipod headphones broke, i used these and they havn't failed me yet. They also don't tangle as easily as ipod headphones, but when they do, they are very very easy to untangle. - Cheap - Panasonic - Earphones - Headphones'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information