Saturday 29 August 2009

Optical Cable - digital audio, amazonbasics


If it doesn't snap you probably forgot to take the little rubber protectors off the end of the cable... like I did for about a minute. Once removed it snaps in perfectly.



The cable is high quality, long, and very flexible and has nicely constructed connectors. And it is about 1/4 the cost of radio sxxxx and bsst buy, both being rip-off artists on items like cables.



Its things like this that will make me a prime return customer. Who can't wait 2 days to save big bucks?? AmazonBasics Toslink Digital Audio Optical Cable (6 Feet/1.8 Meters)

My goal in life is to never buy overpriced cables. I figure that it is a cable and how could it break. After all it just sits there collecting dust. It's a digital signal going through glass/plastic fiber, there will be no difference compared to the $450 dollar AudioQuest class 5 optical cable - TosLink plugs 1m (3.28'). If you bought this $450 cable, I cry for you.



The cable is your basic black color and it looks as nice as a cable can look. The cable is flexible and bendy just like a cable should be. It is long. The connection fits snugly from my Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K 7-Channel A/V Receiver (Black) to my ancient Philips DirecTV DVR With 40GB TIVO.



It comes in a nice cardboard box that is so simple to open. You can then toss the packaging into your recycle bin for recycling.

1. Open the box.

2. Remove the cable

3. Remove the twistie tie (counter-clockwise rotation is critical for success)

4. REMOVE THE PLASTIC NIBS covering the connectors

5. Plug one end into your TV optical port and the other end into the electronic device of your choice

6. Enjoy the show



These AmazonBasics cables are the cat's ass. I wish they came in shorter lengths (cable neat freak), but the price can't be beat. You won't be disappointed.

A really well made cable. If you are new to this Toslink cabling you may not notice that AmazonBasics Toslink cables come with a near transparent protective silicon cover over the tiny optical connector. Look closely as they are there, and obviously removing this BEFORE installing the cable will be the difference between a trouble free installation and ten minutes of fiddling with connections and scratching your head trying to figure out why your optical connection is not operating.

I had ordered two of these cables to hook up from my computer chassis to my Denon AV Receiver and another for the connection from the Denon AV Receiver to the TV. Being the first time that I had ever used Toslink Digital Audio cables I thought that you just plug them into the outlet and it would work automatically.



I didnt know that the cables contained a clear plastic cap to protect the tip of the cable on each end so the cable kept popping out of the slot when I tried to plug it in with the protective plastic cap on it. I was going crazy so I went online to read reviews on other optical cables, watch installation videos on youtube, and forums to see if other users have been having the same issues but none of the videos tell you to remove the clear plastic protective cap so I thought that the cap was part of the cable. Luckily some other amazon members read my review and told me to remove the clear plastic cap, the cables have been working fine ever since. Amazon has an awesome community, thanks for the help guys.



I would highly recommend this cable to anyone who needs a toslink digital audio cable.

Since I upgraded to a new tv and surround sound I wanted the best connections.

The digital audio is perfect.

Helpful hint, the little rubber things on the tips have to be removed first LOL.

I tried jamming the thing into the Blu Ray player and it just kept popping back out.

Mr. Tech Man I am not.

As soon as I took those off it snapped right in.

Cheap.

Effective.

A must have for HDTV owners.

This product works. It works the same as my expensive big name Optical cable that cost 10 times more. I cannot hear a difference. I imagine 99 percent of the population won't either. So save your money.

I too thought the cable was too loose, but when I re-read the comments, I re-checked the cable ends, and sure enough, there is a little, soft plastic cap on the male pin at each end of the cable. Carefully remove the cap by softly pulling with your fingernails, and Bingo! the cap comes off, the cable snaps in just as it should! PLEASE, all of you who have had looseness probs with this cable, check the ends carefully...the cap is hard to notice, but it blurs the light(strangely enough the cable still worked fine, even with the caps on), if you feel the little soft cap, you've found the problem; just gently pull it off, put the cap in your recycle bin, plug your now functioning cable into the devices and enjoy! It was only after I re-read the comments/reviews that I closely checked my cable, and sure enough, Amazon's quality prevailed and I was wrong wrong wrong! Def recommend this product. I'm no expert, perhaps gold plated or sapphire laser might be better, but this do-dad works just fine for me!

The build quality looks good and it fit right in. I am using it to connect my TV Samsung 55" plasma with Sony BDV 770 home theater and it works perfectly. I took free shipping and still got the item in 4 days of placing the order - Optical Cable - Toslink - Digital Audio - Amazonbasics'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information