Thursday 27 August 2009

Rockwell Sonicrafter - flush cut, fein


I didn't even know this tools existed until I saw the infomercial on TV. I install interior carpentry for a living and really sat up on the couch when I saw how easily it cuts existing baseboard and door casing without tearing up the wall or beating it up with a chisel. However, I couldn't justify the obscenely high price of the Fein for a tool I thought I would rarely use, so I bought a cheap knock off version just to test it's versatility. In the one week that I had the El Cheapo before it quit, I used it to cleanly cut fascia board, T&G flooring, T-111 siding, and casing. It seemed like every time I turned around I found a new use for it. OK, now I was convinced I couldn't live without one, time to upgrade. After checking the reviews and actually handling the competitions versions at HD and Lowes, I decided to go for it get the Fein. Hands down this tool looks and feels way better than anything else I checked out. The quick blade change feature on the Fein helps justify the price, as my other tool required frequent stopping and tightening with an allen wrench. So far it has performed smoothly and competently. On the other hand I was really shocked at how cheap and flimsy the case is. What where they thinking when they designed that thing? For a couple bucks they could have designed a case more worthy of the tool. I'm used to the rugged Dewalt cases you get everytime you buy one of their tools. The price of the Fein replacement blades is also off the scale. I suggest you try Versa-Tool brand which are a good quality blade at 1/3 the price. Overall, I am pleased with the tool itself, and know from past expierence that the sting of the high price will fade over time if the tool holds up as expected. Fein FMM 250Q Select Plus MultiMaster Oscillating Detail Sander Tool Kit

This tool is the best thing since sliced bread there are so many things you can do with it, to start get over the sticker shock, if you get one and figure out how to use it you will love all the things i will do from drywall cutting to grout line cleanup for tile removal the cost is spendy for the different attachments but well worth the money if you work with your hands at all you will LOVE THIS TOOL! Thanks for making my job easier! With fein MultiMaster your next project just got easier too.... - Fein - Fein Multimaster - Multi-max - Flush Cut'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information