Friday 28 August 2009

Laptop Workstation - bed tray, laptop table


after long research I decided on this stand.

it is light, portable, has space for a mouse.

you can adjust the height of the legs, the angle of the laptop.

i am using it with a 13 inch macbook pro, works perfect

there are two fans that can be plugged in through usb, keeps your laptop cool

perfect for use in bed

have been using it for a few weeks and it is sturdy, well designed

i am very happy with it E-Stand LD09 W White/Black Laptop Table

I was worried because my computer is so large, but this stand works well. Taking it out of the packaging this morning, I thought it felt flimsy, but I decided to give it a shot. After setting it up and using it for a bit, I think it's going to work.



With a larger computer, the desk space is a bit cramped, but there's enough room to use a mouse. The cup space is a bit pointless, though.



When tilting the computer up, you lose some stability, but it will hold the weight.



The two small fans work perfectly, and kept my computer cool to the touch through hours of Netflix viewing.



Overall, it's a great stand for a great price. Time will tell if it remains sturdy.

I like the product. Serves the purpose. It's pretty light and I like the fact that it has a cooling fan to keep my laptop cool.

The only downside is that it feels a little flimsy. I handle the product with a lot of care not wanting to break the legs.

Other than that, it's a good product for the price.

The laptop table has a good general design. I like the USB mini fans under the desk to provide air circulation. This table should work well for small to medium sized laptop. Unfortunately I have a 17" gaming laptop. The laptop overhangs the angled laptop portion of the table to the point that it's not really practical to use for me. I stress: smaller laptops should enjoy this part of the design. My only other concern is that the legs seem a little flimsy. Time will tell how well the table holds up.

I recently broke my leg very badly and was told in the hospital that I would be on bed rest for 8 weeks if not more. Knowing I had to work from the couch and bed I needed a computer lap stand. Wen to trusted Amazon, scanned reviews and prices. I bought this with a little doubt since it was so cheap.



A month of bed rest I use this stand 8-12 hours a day for everything, meals, work, reading, computer, etc. Works great and well built. Being 250 pounds and 6'2" I was concerned about the leg adjustments, no problem there either as the stand fits nicely over my mid section.

Ive been using the table now for a few weeks for my new netbook. I use in on a futon in the iving room and like that each of the legs can be adjusted independently to allow for unevenness in the futon padding. The legs are real strong, but I wanted lighter, portability over strength, durability, and weight. I havent needed to use the usb fans but I like the mouse pad and its rounded on the edges so its pretty comfortable on your wrists. The adjustable angle to the laptop platform is nice to have. I recommend it.

It is much better than I thought it would be. It just came today but, so far so good. The only thing I don't like is that it folds in half and when you open it, there is no locking mechanism to keep it open. With that said, it does stay up fine on it's legs. I will not use it as a table on my lap though, the whole reason I bought it...and I may not have found this locking mechanism yet, I just got it today.



It looks better than I pictured, it's not as cheap looking as I imagined. More of a metal, soft white so the contrasting black is not as loud as the picture.

*****

A couple of weeks later, the only thing I don't like is having to pull each individual leg out every time I want to use it. I know that sounds lazy but, I take classes online. Id like to just have a simple 1 or 2 step fold process. It is still a good product in that it gets the job done but, I get tired of collapsing all 4 legs and opening/locking each one indivdually after/before every use.

I have a 16" inch Dell laptop, and it fits very nicely on the table, with plenty of room for my mouse. One of the buyers said that the product was flimsy, but I decided to take a chance on it anyway, and I'm glad I did.



One "precaution". The table is very stable when it's down the lowest it can go. Once you start elevating it, it gets a LITTLE shaky, but not enough for me to be dissatisfied with the product.



For $13.47 you can't beat it! I'm typing on it right now! :)

I bought this product for my family's first laptop. My teenager keeps putting the laptop on a blanket and my wife prefers to use a mouse. Having a cooling fan built in and the price was the reason I chose this over other products.



The table does what it says - holds laptop, provides cooling fan, adjustable legs, folds up for easier transport and has an area for mouse, mug and pen.



When I am sitting on the couch the legs extend to far out to be supported on the seat cushion - thus I just fold in the legs and lay the table on my lap which works fine for a while until I want to move the table. The legs don't lock in underneath and the folding table also does not lock in the open position - causing some minor frustration.



The table does stay close when it is folded up and being transported and also has a place to lock in the USB cable inside/under the table.



My Toshiba 15.7" laptop seems top heavy when placing the laptop on the tilted holder.



You can only use the cooling fans while the laptop is in the tilted position but they seem to work fine.



The beverage holder is too shallow and narrow for most of my mugs, glasses. (I typically would not promote any liquid near a laptop unless it was a spill proof container and/or the laptop has a spill proof keyboard.)



Have no need yet for the pen/pencil holder (not typically writing while on the laptop).



The adjustable plastic legs still seem to hold up fine.



I'm still happy with the price of the product but would pay another $5 for version 2 -

1. Lock in the legs below,

2. Have a sliding mechanism to lock the table in the open position,

3. Modify the design location of the USB location so that the cable can be attached without having the laptop in the tilted position,

4. Make the tilted section larger to support larger laptops,

5. Make the cup/mug holder bigger and deeper - Laptop Desk - Lapdesk - Laptop Table - Bed Tray'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • laptop desk
  • ,
  • laptop table
  • ,
  • bed tray
  • ,
  • lapdesk