Monday 31 August 2009

Lg Env3 Accessories - lg env3, faceplates


Cover fits perfectly and looks good. However, the paint is not on the whole cover. It was only painted on the top side so when you put it on your phone the white tab ends contradict with the phone color. It does the job of protecting the phone but it you are picky about aesthetics, you may want to buy a different one. Black Rubberized Snap-On Cover Hard Case Cell Phone Protector for LG enV3 VX9200

I purchased this product and have used it for about 3 weeks. So far, I am pleased with the quality. The product has a nice rubberized feel and provides just enough clearance to keep the front screen and camera lens from getting scratched by putting the phone down on standard surfaces. The cover adds a bit of girth to the phone, which I like. Installation was very simple. This product really won't protect your phone from scratches on the front screen from items in your pocket though. This item is comparable to the $20 accessories that I found at the Verizon store.



PROS:

+++ Functional design

+++ Low price



CONS:

--- Inconsistent paint job on the sides

Since the enV3 has the ridiculous design flaw of not having a battery cover, I needed a case to try to prevent it from shutting down automatically, as it was doing almost daily. At first, I was wary of this cover. How can something be this cheap? However, for essentially pocket change, I figured, "Why the heck not?"



The good: It's made of a pretty cool rubberized plastic material that is slightly grippy, but not excessively so. All ports and buttons are easily accessible and it successfully solved my enV3 shutdown problem.



First problem: Not only are the edges uncomfortably sharp, but the front cover is slightly too large along the hinge and squeaks whenever I open the phone. Solved that with an Exacto knife and a nail file. No biggie.



Then, the first piece broke off within a month. It was on the top, back corner, next to the hinge. The designers of the case tried to leave an opening for the "lanyard hole" or whatever it's called. This meant the corner was connected by two tiny bridges of plastic and broke off while in my pocket. But whatever, the back cover stays on. Yes, it's lost one of the five flimsy plastic tabs that keep it attached, but hell, there's 4 more, right? I couldn't care less about how ghetto it looks, so still no biggie.



The final straw came after almost exactly two months of ownership. The front cover is held on by two plastic tabs. One suddenly broke off, again while in my pocket. Thus, the front cover is no longer usable.



Yes, the main reason I bought this case was for the back cover, which still is essentially intact, and my enV3 hasn't auto-shutoff in a month. But now it just looks kind of silly. Only 3 tiny plastic tabs (lost another one somewhere along the way) keep it from just falling off. I never dropped my phone, kept it in my pocket the vast majority of my time, yet it still wasn't enough to keep this product from disintegrating over the course of two months. Yes, the price tag is great and the design is adequate, but a two month lifespan? There has to be a better alternative with less compromises, even if it costs a bit more.



My experience wasn't traumatic, but I won't buy this product again.

This case fits like a glove. I"m always pulling my phone in and out of my pocket and the case has never come off or budged. It has a nice smooth feel to it and looks nice. I would defiantly buy this product again.

The protective case for my phone is awesome. Completely form fitting and looks great. The problem I had was the shipping, or the lack of I should say. It did not arrive by the date given, although everything else I ordered from different companies at the same time did. I contacted the company about the delay, to which they said they would immediately send out a replacement. I'm not real sure what their defination of "immediately" is, all I know is that it wasn't the same defination I know. Finally after three and a half weeks I got my item. So if you're not worried about getting your items in a timely manner, then go for it; however, if you're like me, and you want your items on or at least near the time that they are supposed to arrive, then shop on and look for a different company.

The case is fine. Nothing special. The matte finish on it peels off though. Of course I prefer the smooth, shiny finish underneath, but I don't think it should have started peeling only a day or two after I got it. I keep the phone in my cargo pocket, and apparently that must be too much for the finish. Oh well. I would still get it, because as I said, I prefer the smooth finish that is underneath the "rubberized" finish that came on it. - Case - Accessories - Faceplates - Lg Env3'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information